Questions on getting bigger picture

After last week, hearing that there was a way to connect my laptop to my big screen tv, I went out and purchased an S Video cable and connected the PC to my big screen. I also used the connection for my digital camcorder to connect the sound from the headphone connnection to the video connections on the front of my tv so that the sound came through there and not the PC.

It worked perfectly. You hit Function and F5 on your laptop and select the TV as your monitor, then right click the streaming window and Zoom to full screen. It has been running all afternoon and has been FANTASTIC.

I feel like I am there!!! Great job DCI. :rolleyes:

Cannot wait for tonight.

Didn't they stream to Windows Media Player?

I've learned 2 ways to do it easily. Like others have mentioned, you can right click on the streaming window, and one of the options is zoom and you can select full size.

Better way is to right click on the streaming window and select properties, then copy the url, open window media player and select file, open url, and paste link to stream to windows media player where you can get bigger picture or easily size to full screen. Added bonus is the sound is better in window media player.

After last week, hearing that there was a way to connect my laptop to my big screen tv, I went out and purchased an S Video cable and connected the PC to my big screen. I also used the connection for my digital camcorder to connect the sound from the headphone connnection to the video connections on the front of my tv so that the sound came through there and not the PC.

It worked perfectly. You hit Function and F5 on your laptop and select the TV as your monitor, then right click the streaming window and Zoom to full screen. It has been running all afternoon and has been FANTASTIC.

I feel like I am there!!! Great job DCI. :blink:

Cannot wait for tonight.

So I'm wondering exactly what type of cable you purchased? I would like to set it up for this weekend, but I am a little technically challenged. So any advice would be appreciated.

TV output Instructions:

A friend of mine did this on Saturday for San Antonio (before the power outtage ###### him off and he went to the bar).

From a Laptop PC running XP:

Setup using an S-video from the laptop to his 32" tube tv, then I loaned him a 1/16" jack to RCA (2) splitter that was then connected from the headphone-out to the TV audio input.

Went to the settings area of "Display Properties" and changed the monitor to display on both the laptop and the "2nd monitor" (the TV) and it automatically exported the vid stream full screen on the TV (not sure how, he just lucked out).

Hope this works for you!

Eric

Edited by highpitch_83

Better way is to right click on the streaming window and select properties, then copy the url, open window media player and select file, open url, and paste link to stream to windows media player where you can get bigger picture or easily size to full screen. Added bonus is the sound is better in window media player.

thats the recommended way to do it.

Took home one of the projectors from work, connected it to my computer, set the picture to full screen and I had a four-foot tall drum corps movie! Now I just need to figure out how to get a better sound.

Edited by Whiskey