SA Review

It seems to me that people only want to hear their own opinion reenforced, and everything else is stupid. These people say "everyone's entitled to their own opinion", but what they mean is "everyone's entitled to their own opinion, as long as I like it". Kinda sad, really. If you don't like an opinion, no one is forcing you to respond to it. Besides, I'm gonna say that there is a 99.99999999999999% chance that you are not going to change there opinion anyways. :beer:

BRAVO!

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It seems to me that people only want to hear their own opinion reenforced, and everything else is stupid.
Ya know if you can't see the difference in posting an opinion about a certain show and making a remark such as "What I want to know is why would you spend thousands of dollars to march that?" then what can I say?

IMO, that comment was rude and unnecessary. I gave props for the review he took the time to write and called out the BS remarks at the same time. Seems fair to me.

Get over it folks, he didn't like the show. Not the end of the world.

I would suggest that the reviewer stop replying in this thread. Let your review stand my friend, let people complain to a brick wall.

I only replyed once and I stand behind my comments!!! :beer: I put a disclaimer and being a BK alumnus I know what it feels like when people psycho analyze our shows and berate them, so if you don't like the opinion, it is just that!! Thanks everyone :)

W .Perkins

Ya know if you can't see the difference in posting an opinion about a certain show and making a remark such as "What I want to know is why would you spend thousands of dollars to march that?" then what can I say?

IMO, that comment was rude and unnecessary. I gave props for the review he took the time to write and called out the BS remarks at the same time. Seems fair to me.

I DON'T THINK THE COMMENT IS ALL THAT RUDE OR UNNECESSARY. A MARCHING MEMBER DOES NOT NO WHAT THE SHOW IS REALLY GOING TO LOOK LIKE UNTIL IT GETS ON THE FIELD. UNLESS ETHICS HAVE CHANGED BY NOW IT IS TO LATE TO LEAVE AND GO TO A DIFFERENT CORP AND EVEN IF YOU DID YOU WOULD BE LETTING YOUR COMMINTMENT TO THE ORGINANZATION AND MEMBERS DOWN, SO THAT IS WHY YOU WOULD SPEND THOUSANDS TO MARCH. BOTTOM LINE THE MGT. PROBABLY DID NOT FULL FILL THERE COMMINMENT TO THE MEMBERS. USE YOUR OWN IMAGINATION TO THINK IF 15 HORNS AND 7 DRUMMERS AND 10 COLOR GUARD WALKED THE FIRST OF JUNE BECAUSE OF WHAT THEY SAW ON THE FIELD WHAT WOULD HAPPEN? NOT TO SAY IT WOULD HAPPEN BUT WHAT IF? THERE IS KNOW LEGAL RESPONSIBLLITY TO MARCH. THEY JUST DON'T DO ANYTHING FOR A SUMMER.

Well if we want drum corps to evoke passion is us, then I guess the show worked to get that from me. I may have offended you and others, btu that is not the intention. The intention is to give an honest opinion. If you did not like it you should have stopped reading after the first sentence where I made note of a heated opinion coming up. I agree with the person that said they wondered if the current members had a complete understanding of what is going on before they signed on this summer. The comments again are about the Cadets designers (Hopkins) and his off the chart ideas for this year. He is the Mark Cuban of the Drum Corps world and if I don't agree with what he does this is a public forum and I can express that. There is nothing and I say nothing wrong with the performers or their levels of performance!!! I questioned the money to march issue because i do not believe that the members knew what was coming but be sure that Hopkins did. Point of fact someone around me booed and another said aloud Hopkins you Suck!!! I did not write this or was not rude at the show and i did give the members a good ovation because they perform well. Itis just a shame to see what they are performing!!!!

Wes P

Madison

The only comparison i can draw that may explain it is that BK 2000 was top 6 and barely missed top 5. So after seeing that the corps ahead of them were being more entertaining they decided to do a Cartoon show and it toally back fired. i believe the Scouts may have tryed to change something in a similiar way because they had a near miss and felt it was necessary to try something new? i don't know, but i sure miss the screamers and the Madison excitment!! Well perfromed and definantly finalist quality, just not what I am used to from them.

I have not seen Madison yet but I have heard their show (APD). I agree with your assessment. Its pretty fustrating too because I wanted Madison the blow the stadium down at Finals (AKA 1999). I am sure that they are going to be great and the fans (Including myself) will eat it up but I don't think it will create mayhem......

Triple Forte

PS.......I feel like one of very few that love the 2001 Blue Knights. I thought they owned that jazzier approach. It was refreshing.....

As a matter of fact.....heres a good concept for next years show (If they want to continue with the Knight theme).......2007 show title: Blue in the Knight.

Edited by Triple Forte

Like the Cadets show or not - that's strictly personal. However, there are ~ 2,400 more performers in Div 1 (Corps in postion 6-23), and probably a similar amount in Div II and II that would love to be in the position that the Cadets are in - 5th, and possibly moving up in the next three weeks.

By the way, I think BK doesn't get the credit they deserve year in and year out. I don't know the stats, but my guess is they've made finals most every time in the last 15 years. That's pretty amazing! And this year's show is pretty amazing as well. (I loved the '04 show as well, but this year tops that one for sure).

Think what you want, it doesnt diminish the review or the posters opinion, it only tells a lot about your flexibility and credibility, honestly, no matter who posts what kind of remark about Cadets, if its less than ideal or doesnt meet some "borg" standard, you folks jump on it like flies on carion. You probably dont even stop to think if they have a point. but guess what : their opinion is just as valid as yours, and seeing as the way things are going this year, they have a lot more credibility than the "defenders til the death" do.

~G~