SA Review

and at the end of the day....the kids that are marching don't really care about reviews/opinions etc on these forums. They march for the love of it. The forums are for us in the stands or those not able to see the shows in person. Opinion is just opinion.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i thought your review was tasteful. however, the way you acted at the show was very distasteful. you and your friend managed to trash the cadets through the entire show, distracting those around you. Then when they were leaving you managed to yell, "you suck." Well, it was either you or the '81 scouts alum you were with. you both acted like children, especially when you offended everyone around you and argued with the singers moms on your right to share your opinion. then when you made more distateful comments about the girl after her interview was more class. You were the only one in the stands i saw react that way. most of us show nonsupport by staying seated. I was very disapointed to have marched in the same corp as the gentleman you were with, and i have never said that about a madison alum.

Hey man I have right to my opinion and I did not say You suck to anyone!!! I didn't like the show and there were a lot of the people in the dome had the same reaction. Maybe his passion was misplaced, but it was real passion. You have no right to judge me or anything about me. I am a devout christian and i do not wish any ill will on anyone. I did not argue with the singer's mom and if my friend did, then that is his choice. You're ashamed to march the madison scouts because of that? Man, I'd never be ashamed of being a Scout. Maybe you should keep to your own business Mr. manners. You make it sound like I was yelling rude obscenities around you and others when point of fact I was having a simple conversation with my friend. If you heard that then perhaps you should have minded your own business. If you can't handle being in a crowd where people have differing opinions than perhaps you shouldn't go to shows? Sir, I make jokes about myself and I am just a not very serious person. If you knew me then maybe you would get that. But that's the point you don't and you have no right to judge me!! By the way I clappedfor the performers, so maybe you only heard and saw what you wanted to huh? So who's more childish the person that says that he was ashamed to be from the same corps as him or me for giving an honest opinion? You have a very foggy memory my friend!!!

W. Perkins

my fault man, i thought it was you who yelled those things. I don't necessarily have a problem with what you were discussing, but the words that were yelled in front of her parents. I will have to assume he didn't know those were her parents.

oh, i didn't mean for it to come across that i was ashamed to be a scout. I just didn't like be affiliated with him at that point in time. i felt it was a little unclassy, however passionate yes.

Edited by woodster

my fault man, i thought it was you who yelled those things. I don't necessarily have a problem with what you were discussing, but the words that were yelled in front of her parents. I will have to assume he didn't know those were her parents.

oh, i didn't mean for it to come across that i was ashamed to be a scout. I just didn't like be affiliated with him at that point in time. i felt it was a little unclassy, however passionate yes.

Fair enough. I was glad to have adults around me this year and was glad when you and your girilfriend showed up, because last year i had to sit through a girl saying "That's Hot," after every little move. So, when the seats were vacant in the afternoon show I was afaid I'd be in a similiar situation, but when you guys came for the night show my wife and I were very relieved not have to go through that again. Next year I hope to order tickets way ahead of time and maybe get to witness the show from the 30 row 5 instead of the 25 row 5. :P Anyway, thanks for the reply, I appreciate it. By the by, did you march with Mike Howard, Trey O'Dell, and or Kevin (Blond Bass Drummer , can't think of last name?) Mike's dad was one of my high school band directors and Trey techs with us at the school I teach at and Kevin teched for us at the school I formerly taught with. I also taught with Mark Waymire and many of the Scouts current staff. They are all great guys and brilliant minds. I think that Mark is one of the most creative people I have ever met in my life.

Wes P.

Hey man I have right to my opinion and I did not say You suck to anyone!!! I didn't like the show and there were a lot of the people in the dome had the same reaction. Maybe his passion was misplaced, but it was real passion. You have no right to judge me or anything about me. I am a devout christian and i do not wish any ill will on anyone. I did not argue with the singer's mom and if my friend did, then that is his choice. You're ashamed to march the madison scouts because of that? Man, I'd never be ashamed of being a Scout. Maybe you should keep to your own business Mr. manners. You make it sound like I was yelling rude obscenities around you and others when point of fact I was having a simple conversation with my friend. If you heard that then perhaps you should have minded your own business. If you can't handle being in a crowd where people have differing opinions than perhaps you shouldn't go to shows? Sir, I make jokes about myself and I am just a not very serious person. If you knew me then maybe you would get that. But that's the point you don't and you have no right to judge me!! By the way I clappedfor the performers, so maybe you only heard and saw what you wanted to huh? So who's more childish the person that says that he was ashamed to be from the same corps as him or me for giving an honest opinion? You have a very foggy memory my friend!!!

W. Perkins

First off, I enjoyed the review...It seemed well thought out and it's good to hear people's opinions on a show..Thank you..I didn't read The Cadets review so I have nothing to say about it...Thanks for the warning by the way..lol....It seems you were judged by your friends actions and that happens...I'll be honest and say if I was sitting behind someone at a show who yelled "you suck" to any corps, ma and that person would have a serious problem...Having an opinion is fine, but having some class in your actions isn't hard..Just my opinion...Take it for what it's worth..

and at the end of the day....the kids that are marching don't really care about reviews/opinions etc on these forums. They march for the love of it. The forums are for us in the stands or those not able to see the shows in person. Opinion is just opinion.

You couldnt be more wrong. Some corps read the messages togauge the effect their show is having on fans. One corps last year printed a bunch, I meand ozens of impressions of their show out and put them on a bulletin board for the kids to see.

Dont underestimate the influence of DCP, or how far it reaches into the "real world"

~G~

First off, I enjoyed the review...It seemed well thought out and it's good to hear people's opinions on a show..Thank you..I didn't read The Cadets review so I have nothing to say about it...Thanks for the warning by the way..lol....It seems you were judged by your friends actions and that happens...I'll be honest and say if I was sitting behind someone at a show who yelled "you suck" to any corps, ma and that person would have a serious problem...Having an opinion is fine, but having some class in your actions isn't hard..Just my opinion...Take it for what it's worth..

Not that it makes much of a difference, but what was yelled was Hopkins you suck and not you suck to the Cadets. It was a heat of the moment thing. Thanks for the compliment, I am glad that you enjoyed the review. What struck me most about this year is that the quality of sound in all the hornlines from 1-21 is nuts. I know that if BK, Crown, BAC and others had this sound maybe 6-7 years ago there might have been a world title for one of them. But that is just it it is so competitive and the corps are all magnificent!! What an activity!!

W. P.

You couldnt be more wrong. Some corps read the messages togauge the effect their show is having on fans. One corps last year printed a bunch, I meand ozens of impressions of their show out and put them on a bulletin board for the kids to see.

Dont underestimate the influence of DCP, or how far it reaches into the "real world"

~G~

I always tried to print out the reviews and either email them or take them by practice. They usually just glanced over them on break and the idiotic comments would get a laugh. I'll agree with the previous poster, the kids love what they do and most are simply too busy to care much about what is going on on DCp.

Not that it makes much of a difference, but what was yelled was Hopkins you suck and not you suck to the Cadets. It was a heat of the moment thing. Thanks for the compliment, I am glad that you enjoyed the review. What struck me most about this year is that the quality of sound in all the hornlines from 1-21 is nuts. I know that if BK, Crown, BAC and others had this sound maybe 6-7 years ago there might have been a world title for one of them. But that is just it it is so competitive and the corps are all magnificent!! What an activity!!

W. P.

I agree about the hornlines..Nothing against the visual side of drum corps, but I just love to hear good drum corps hornlines...I heard Phantom, Crown, and BAC last week..Phantom was just unreal, but what else is new? BAC was solid, but Crown blew me away to be honest.....I've heard BK also, and was very impressed with their sound....I like this trend and hope it continues..

~G~

Let's not overestimate it either. Its not about us in our own little world sitting behind a computer.