Arnold, MD show July22nd

Jeff, with what I heard and read. MVE's members are the second toughest SOB's in Drum Corps. (no offense, but we have to keep our reputation you know?)

Edited by Percussion827

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jeff, with what I heard and read. MVE's members are the second toughest SOB's in Drum Corps. (no offense, but we have to keep our reputation you know?)

Its a shame we didn't march, we finished the show last week and looked forward to cleaning it up during the 5 hours we planned on being at the HS.This week I have to pickup the pieces and get us back together and back on track.Stopped and cleaned out the bus today and will hopefully get it towed to a garage and pick it up this weekend.You would not believe how close we were to the abuttment of the Patapsco river bridge. Less than 20 feet.I'm tired, I've put 30 hours on the road the past 2 days.see ya all soon.

After what we went through saturday, My group's tougher than yours :)

I hear what your saying :)I am sure that everyone that shared mud on that field last night feels the same way.

Edited by camel lips

Oh, and let's not forget that those Cadets singers are working their ##### off, as well, to put out the best product that they can, as we all are, but I guess we've lost sight of that in the now personal vendetta against me. Please be sure to give me your regards the next time you don't see me at a DCA show.

Edited by usmcontra

Oh, and if you think that we spend 8 hours a day working on our drill show like junior corps do, you would be wrong. We probably work on it less than you do.

I doubt that.

I figured it up one time what the average DCA corps puts in on rehersal time.It was somewhere around 180 hours a year.

Edited by camel lips

It must be late. See page 2, post #18.

Time for bed. I'll be up tomorrow to see how many more pics of me are posted!

Edited by usmcontra

Now that I am rested, I have asked the site administrator to remove my profile from this site. Have a good day!

They have a way of dealing with this sort of thing IN HOUSE! :blink:

Are you ordering the code red?

I want the truth!

I can handle the truth! ^0^

I guess we all can't sound like the U.S. Marines D & B. <sigh> Over the years we have played the same charts as they and it always made me uncomfortable because of the inevitable comparisons. I always assumed Colonel Truman Crawford knew we were not going to sound like his beloved Marine Corps. BTW, I got TOTALLY drenched watching the U. S. Marines D & B perform.

Yikes! I can only imagine what this Marine thinks of the Yankee Rebels Alumni corps!

As I've said on several threads, I enjoyed this show and the incredible effort put out by everyone especially in those conditions. I've read many stories on DCP concerning this show about corps helping each other and some great camraderie. I am encouraged that good will still exists between corps. Everyone has their favorites in this activity and some corps sound better than others. Always will. God knows, we hear it all the time at the Alumni shows. Most of the Alumni corps are bigger than us so we get the same critique but we care as much about our product as the bigger and newer corps do and work just as hard.

It is never a good idea to criticize another group because you never know when it will turn around and bite you in the a##.

Now that I am rested, I have asked the site administrator to remove my profile from this site. Have a good day!

Jack Nicholson

"I would rather you just said thank you, and went on your way"