RIP Jason Lowe

Thanks for posting this. He truly is missed. I remember when 'Canos won D2 at DCM Finals in 1999 and I was with him in the DeKalb stands to hear the announcement—he was so excited. I gave him the biggest congratulatory hug. He's the reason I marched drum corps.

You all beat me to it this year.

RIP Jason

Coming out of lurk mode:

I don't even remember what year it was that I met Jason. Might have been the Orlando show in 2000, back when it was at that baseball diamond. Maybe it was in Atlanta. I just remember that it was good to finally meet the little redneck, hillbilly punk that I had fun with online.

We spoke briefly, but...he was itching to get back to flirting with a cute color guard girl, and I, being a guy and knowing guy code, was only too happy to oblige. It was the first and last time I ever saw him live. DCP would indeed be an interesting place if he were around today.

He's got the best seat in the house for Finals.

Rest in peace, brother.

Back to lurk mode.

God I wish I knew more about him at the time...all I really remember is the name

I know it doesn't seem like enough but take this for what it's worth.

When you see how many of us who did and did NOT know him personally, this many years later, STILL reduced to sobs on this anniversary, you know all you can ever know about the young man he was and still is to each one of us.

He probably still makes fun of us for being so sappy over it all this time later.. and each time it comes up, I bet he blushes, too.

Little jerk.

Stef

Hey all, I started following DCI/DCP for only the past 3-4 years... is there anywhere I can find some info on Jason Lowe? i want to learn about his legacy.

Thanks.

It's hard to start at the end.. but start here. That's Ron Allard's memorial site for Jason. I think if you google his name and drum corps, you will likely come up with the sites he created as well as some others, too.

Stef

You know.. something just occurred to me. And I can't believe it's taken me seven years to come to this conclusion.

That little punk found a way to be with us for EVERY FINALS WEEK from the day he died.

I bet, on some level, he had it planned... and every year, when we're at the very height of our sniping and barking at each other .. when the din reaches a fevered pitch right here on DCP (or RAMd or any other online website for drum corps).. Jason gets to jump right in the middle of the fray.

Congratulations you skinny little redneck. :)

You got us.

Stef

Edited by ScribeToo

I never knew him, but I know what it means to lose one of your best friends.

Hearing those words that he wrote on his site, it's inspirational.

"The memories.....THAT'S what matters. From bus breakdowns and losing staff

to meeting new friends (that last a lifetime) and mooning that "other"

corps' busses as they pass by... that, my friends, is drum corps.

Plain and simple."

I feel like I know him now that I've read that. These are good words. I think we all should remember them as best we can.

Edited by 3rd_Star_Brigade

My mind just kicked in and I realized I use to chat with Jason on #drumcorps back in the IRC days and remember meeting him at the first parade on the DCM tour while trying to keep dry and we talked a good bit after shows since he was in Canos and I was a Blue Star. I'm reading back on some post and things are starting to comeback to me and at my old age, I'm getting slightly emotional.

RIP Jason

I can't really type much tonight......

For those of you who didn't know Jason here are a couple of the pages that my wife Ginger put together after Jason passed.

I'll say this, until that time I never thought people our age, could have learned so much from someone so young.

He was an amazing young man and changed my outlook on a lot of things in the short time I had to get to know him while he marched for us. The time he spent with Ginger in his last days most certainly changed all of us forever.

Jason Lowe Tribute Page

Jason's Memorial Service

RIP Jason.... we won't ever forget you bud.....

AA