201 members have voted

1. 1. who is 12th ?

• glassmen
    • spirit
    • colts
    • crossmen
    • blue stars
    • capital regiment

looking at the groupings, the score changes.. and haveing seen some of the shows, Im going to say that within the spots 8-14 noone should feel safe..

For some of these corps, its a matter of De-exposing some monir things that look major simply becasue they become so exposed..

all of these corps have the potential ability to be up in those higher ranked spots.Also, some of the corps at the lower end, still deal with a bit of " judging the laundry) ($1 to Brother Jason) where smaller mistakes that would go unnoticed, or not as harshly judged for the top few corps, get hammered in the lower ones, simply for being who they are.generally this passes the closer we get to finals.

look for some major shifts in these last weeks before Madison... and possibly the most exciting qurters, and semis we have ssen in some time.

Maybe its becasue i have family and friends on the Colts brass staff, but i am finding the run for the back end of the top 12 much more thrilling that the top 4..( tho bluecoats, and Phantom... im pulling for ya both in a big way)

Edited by Chester

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I really would like to see Colts in--I think that their design is definetly finals worthy. However, I think Spirit may/will end up keeping Colts/XMen out--if they plan on making it to saturday they need to works their collective butts until they die--I highly doubt spirit is going to 'take it easy' from here on in. By they way, does anyone know what is going on with Colts Perc 1 scores? Last year at Kalamazoo we got a 15.9 from Allan K.--this year, same judge and same day they get a 12.7??? I haven't seen them in a while, I realize when I saw them there were a lot of ticks (due to difficulty in the book) but I dont know, if anyone has seen them could you post a review/your thoughts?(sorry for straying off) Anyway--just going off of San Antonio (finals week caliber judges) Xmen--2pts--Colts--2pts--Spirit other spreads like this Cadets--2pts--PR--2pts--Cavs Do Cadets have it in them to beat cavs?? Boston--4pts--Cadets Can Boston overtake Cadets? Im not saying it isn't possible, but at this point very difficult could describe it, especially when you look at other spreads. I realize its one show, and those are overall scores, but it is all with the same panel (afternoon and evening, respectively) so yeah, enough rambling, those are my thoughts.

Whoever wants it the most will get in.

Later

Edited by flamaq

My head sees Spirit in 12th, but my heart wants the Crossmen to light a fire and burn into finals in a big way. Last year many said the Xmen didn't have the show to make it, but by most accounts this show is top 12 quality material. We just need to clean, keep going and keep gaining. Some corps come out relatively clean and don't have the room to grow, but I really think the Crossmen have the most potential for growth of all the corps listed.

Go Bones!

I voted that Spirit will be in 12th place, but Glassmen will also be in at 11th. I would love for the Colts to make it as well...crossing my fingers for a 12th place tie at Semis :P

My head sees Spirit in 12th, but my heart wants the Crossmen to light a fire and burn into finals in a big way. Last year many said the Xmen didn't have the show to make it, but by most accounts this show is top 12 quality material. We just need to clean, keep going and keep gaining. Some corps come out relatively clean and don't have the room to grow, but I really think the Crossmen have the most potential for growth of all the corps listed.

Go Bones!

We should also not forget that Crossmen were one of the last corps to come out. So realistically, they should be about 1 week behind everyone else in their cluster. Now granted, that time at the begining might have helped them come out a little more prepared than the others (although I believe they actually stumbled out of the gate a little this year), but by losing the feedback from the judges, it has to be a bit of a disadvantage. This is something that I think might also happen to Glassmen as a result of the Europe trip. But the good thing about drum corps is that all we have to do is wait and all will be known.

I think Glassmen are in finals, almost certainly the 11-spot. As for the rest, Spirit seems the cleanest right now (after seeing them in Battle Creek), but I'm pulling for the Colts. Of the three closest contenders - Colts, Crossmen, Spirits - I like them just a little more than the rest.

Now, I've not seen Crossmen or Colts, but i actually voted for Glassmen as 12. I just don't think that their show has much more that it can do. I look for them to struggle to hold off Spirit (which has a lot to clean and a really great show this year). But until I see X-Men, Colts et al., I wouldn't be so sure that the Glassmen are a lock for Top 12. A lot can happen in 2-3 weeks.

No, I think Glassmen are a pretty solid lock for that 11th spot, although you are right, if Spirit puts a little extra into their show, they could leapfrog Glassmen.

Colts or Crossmen could leap into that 12 spot though. The Colts show is excellent and they really sound and feel like top 12 this year. The same could be said of Cap Reg and Blue Stars as well!

If my research is correct, only once in DCI history has the final 12 repeated. 1987-1988.

Madison Scouts

Vanguard

Blue Devils

Garfield Cadets

Cavaliers

Phantom Regiment

Star of Indiana

Velvet Knights

Spirit of Atlanta

Suncoast Sound

Bluecoats

Sky Ryders

It looks like this year it may happen for a 2nd time.

I will be out on tour with CROSSMEN starting FRIDAY to ythe end of the season.

come over and say hello.

ALAN CHEZ

I will be in Alllentown for DCI East. We usually go to where the corps will be staying, I'll look for you then if you aren't too busy. I believe Crossmen need every spare minute you can give them. Until then, good luck Alan! B)

Tough group to be in this year. I think Spirit will pass Glassmen for 11th, and Colts could possibly beat Glassmen for 12th. All of these corps have great shows. I really believe that whoever is in 13th may possibly have the best 13th place show ever.