what would be YOUR last straw

Woodwinds or strings... whichever came first.

~>conner

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The question should be, "What will keep you from leaving?"

Compared to previous commitments, I'm on my way out. I leave the show when the Cadets come on. I tried watching it (I honestly did) but it's just annoying, silly and stupid to me. I'm not that old either

A few things keep bringing me back:

- I know many people involved with multiple corps and I enjoy seeing them and their work.

- Most corps are doing great stuff this year. Sure the Madness of King George drives me absolutely nuts, but others are doing some great stuff.

- DCA isn't quite there yet.

Things I would like to see:

- Corps must play to both sides of the field. They could be scored on how well they entertain both sides, like their scored on their usage of the field now. It would increase the level difficulty for show designers and really make everyone think.

- The Crossmen set free. Their souvenir stand in San Antonio was the Cadets/Crossmen stand with the Crossmen name wrapped around the corner so that the Cadets could take center stage. I love this corps, please set them free!!!

- Reversal of the amplified voice rule.

The last straw may be the Cadets rap show next year.

Woodwinds

now, monkeys with reeds would be a tough call.

no to reeds.

yes to monkeys!

:lol:

If drum corps added woodwinds it becomes Band. I would not call it drumcorps any more.

But I would go to summer band shows.

If drumcorps added Bass Guitars and /or electric key boards.

I'm Out!

What a depressing topic. Let's focus more on the things that make DCI great-- rather then the things they could do to ruin it.

heh, just kidding. It's fun to mess around with the horrifying possibilities, anyway.

When corps are judged on their ability to "love." I'd hate that.

Too depressing or negative? Sorry.

Things I love about DCI: the shear possibility of monkeys, monkeys with cheese products, or monkeys judged on their ability to love while keeping perfect count. That'd be great!

i am not anti amps, i am anti what floodgates they have and will open. i knew that voice would drive me, and it has. i'm going this year for a former student. I do miss DCI, but i know my presence would probably either start a riot or leave part of the crowd in stitches when i laughed at stuff.

i just love how all of the justifications for amps have been ignored and proven to be hot air.