what would be YOUR last straw

I guess at the very end of the day...why would someone keep on attending something they just do not like? Discussing what individuals like and dislike is fine, but a lot of this hardly qualifies as "discussion"...just whinging and trashing.

As for the idea of debating...it's been my own opinion as one who does like these forums (even if my own POV is 180 from most of my era) that we waaaay overrate our impact...shows go on...people cheer....new fans come out...etc...while people here act as though their opinions are representative of the general audience.

They are not...they are the opinions of those who post here, of coruse, but in the grand scheme it is hardly a general consensus.

I'm not suggesting that our opinions are anything more than a drop in the proverbial bucket; however, most discussion groups are set up for like minded individuals to speak their mind on certain subjects at hand...whether it be ill-informed, good or bad. One persons whine is anothers truth. :)

All of those opinions (even the trolls) contribute to the POV at hand, for most of the people here are the "super fans" that buy the CD's , DVD's and so forth. True, some people don't care about amps/Bb/etc...but there are those that do, and they have little else to voice their opinions with other than posting here.

I'm surely not the only one who realizes that we speak only for ourselves concerning the idiom. I have my own likes and dislikes, but at the same time, I'm acutely aware of how I share some of those with people from all walks of the activity. Those are the bonds that need to be strengthened, not telling people "get over it and leave!" or "2 valves FTW!" when they express concern/delight about where things are headed.

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Everyone mentions woodwinds, but haven't they been allowed in I&E? I was on tour and don't remember, but how did that go over. I'd imagine not so well.

Yeah, they did have that in I&E last year.

Four people showed up last year for it in its first year...I think there was some kind of other I&E even that kids could enter during the summer as well on band instruments, but that was scrapped due to lack of interest.

One side of the argument on it last year was that it was an educational endeavor for the kids involved; the other was it was a back door in getting woodwinds into DCI proper.

YMMV. :)

Yeah, they did have that in I&E last year.

Four people showed up last year for it in its first year...I think there was some kind of other I&E even that kids could enter during the summer as well on band instruments, but that was scrapped due to lack of interest.

One side of the argument on it last year was that it was an educational endeavor for the kids involved; the other was it was a back door in getting woodwinds into DCI proper.

YMMV. :)

Cool, thanks.

Those are the bonds that need to be strengthened

bawker, strenghtening a bond with someone like morganhill conjures up an image from the Da Vinci Code, when the albino was tightening the spiked cilice belt on his leg. Now maybe you find that you share this with Silas, but I prefer having nothing to do with objects that are purely destructive. B)

bawker, strenghtening a bond with someone like morganhill conjures up an image from the Da Vinci Code, when the albino was tightening the spiked cilice belt on his leg. Now maybe you find that you share this with Silas, but I prefer having nothing to do with objects that are purely destructive. B)

:wub:

You know I'm speaking about "in general".

Not every "relationship" can be salvaged on these boards.

Edited by bawker

Yet you like amped vocals! :wub: :P b**bs

Yet you like amped vocals! :blink: :P b**bs

I do! b**bs

When done well, of course....

Does that mean I should be punished with my own belt? :wub:

I do! b**bs

When done well, of course....

Does that mean I should be punished with my own belt? :blink:

No, you're missing finals because of a wedding. That's punishment enough. :wub: