what would be YOUR last straw

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What would be the straw that breaks the camel's back?

I'm not sure there's any one thing that would make me stop.

- woodwinds

- animals

- laser lights

- smoke machines

- lycra

- guitars

- strings

- Cavies/Scouts going co-ed

- electronic synthesizers

All bad things, but not enough to make me quit.
- SCV leaving DCI

- no Phantom Regiment

I'm more concerned about the absence of the Kiwanis Kavaliers, for obvious reasons.
- stops being entertaining
This might make me quit, but only if I feel that the activity has nothing to offer the members. As an alumnus of the Kavaliers and long-time supporter of the Cascades I know that marching with a Drum Corps can be a positive experience in the life of the members... even after they ditched the bugles and added the mics and amps.
- Satanic ritualistic human sacrifices
I wonder how many corps have considered trying that to boost their scores... :P

I see a lot of people complain about the price of tour now, can any of you guys that marched in the 70s tell me how much the fees were back in the day?

I paid $150 for tour with The Cavaliers. Our tour was three-weeks long. Other than that, we went on weekend mini-tours of the midwest. That was covered in our dues, which were the same amount.

actually,,alot of DCI corps have already stopped being entertaining. I guess I just like lots of difficuty and non stop action.. to many tacets in some corps,especially drum lines.

I paid $150 for tour with The Cavaliers. Our tour was three-weeks long. Other than that, we went on weekend mini-tours of the midwest. That was covered in our dues, which were the same amount.

This should be The subject of a Topic.

whats the 1 thing that if happened, without a doubt, no questions asked.. make YOU as a performer, fan, supporter, etc.. walk away from DCI and never look back?

The addition of woodwinds, without a doubt, would end my interest in DCI forever.

I don't think a show with dogs catching frisbees would be appropriate for DCI, but it sure would be fun to watch!

- woodwinds--then I would really feel like it was just band

- animals--tell me more...LOL

- lycra--ummm I have seen a lot already of that in drum corps! Southwind for example are about the tightest outfits I have ever seen and that includes in the gym or on the bike run!

- strings--might be interesting but not lookign for it

- Satanic ritualistic human sacrifices--as long as it was a Roman show and fit the theme

Any instrumentation other than drums and bugles. If DCI goes down this path, they will regret it.

Best way to stop it before it starts: a write-in campaign NOW that states that either DCI posts a statement by 2006 Championships week that they will NEVER allow anything other than percussion and brass instruments - or all those writing in will BOYCOTT both 2006 audio and video purchases AND 2007 season altogether.

Money still talks the loudest.

Heh, if you boycott the 2006 DVDs, you're going to be missing out. There are a slew of shows out this year that are quite a bit of terrific.

Edited by Maedhros