what would be YOUR last straw

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Animals???

"Breaking news in Pasedena's Rosebowl, 6 Time World Champion Santa Clara Vanguard loses control of 4 Asian Elephants killing 6 judges in the process".

its never been about the audience. the show will happen whether an audience is there or not. drum corps is about the kids and that organization

However, appearance fees that are part of the corps fiscal well-being are paid by the show sponsor....which in turn, generates said revenue from ticket sales from the audience.

It's a symbiotic relationship.

here are the reasons so far. lol some interesting ones

- woodwinds

- animals

- laser lights

- smoke machines

- lycra

- guitars

- strings

- Cavies/Scouts going co-ed

- electronic synthesizers

- SCV leaving DCI

- Satanic ritualistic human sacrifices

- stops being entertaining

- cadets beat phantom this year

- no Phantom Regiment

- when Cavies do "Menopause: The Musical".

Woodwinds

It's a statement of fact. When you disagree with someone you invite them to leave? Obviously you can't face the truth. Pity.

If you're so disgusted, why do you stick around? That's why I invite you to leave. This activity attracts tens of thousands of fans, and thousands of marchers every year. I can only assume that the people who keep investing so much of their time and money do so because they still enjoy what they see or take part in. If so many people can feel that way, then clearly our activity is not without its merits. If you no longer enjoy it then certainly that's a pity, but it seems silly to keep coming back to a forum devoted to this activity just to tell us how cranky you are.

Edited by Maedhros

What about tradation?

Yes, what about tradation? It seems like no one even knows the meaning of the word "tradation" these days. Pity.

BTW, at what point does tradation stop and "progress" begin? G bugles? Two valves? Piston-rotors? Asymmetrical drill? Fifes? Every one of these is tradational to one person and an abomination of "progress" to another.

Without tradation, our lives would be as shaky as that of a fidler on a rufe.

Alright, I'm done with the misspelling thing. But seriously, where do you draw the line?

If you're so disgusted, why do you stick around? That's why I invite you to leave. This activity attracts tens of thousands of fans, and thousands of marchers every year. I can only assume that the people who keep investing so much of their time and money do so because they still enjoy what they see or take part in. If so many people can feel that way, then clearly our activity is not without its merits. If you no longer enjoy it then certainly that's a pity, but it seems silly to keep coming back to a forum devoted to this activity just to tell us how cranky you are.

burn

Edited by Morgoth Bauglir