Favorite Drill Move's

Cavaliers 2000 blender going into diamond cutter until the end of the show.

Cavaliers 2003 during the the trumpet soloist section...insane drill there, wow.

Bluecoats 2005 ending move. So simple yet so effective.

I don't know, I guess I should sit down and watch all my drumcorps shows again...

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In all seriousness, the OP nailed two of them. Cross to Cross and the Flying (Death) Wedge. My third would be SCV's collapsing Y in '99. Regiment gets a runner-up spot with the drum wedge forcing a hornline scatter in their '03 show. HM only because I couldn't think of a way to state it in 3 words or less! B)

Aw, man...I forgot about that one. I love that move...I always called it the Drumline Bully Move. And you have to love the music that accompanies it.

I also have to mention Phantom's drill right after the drum soli last year...frantic music, frantic scatter drill that suddenly coalesces when they quote the American in Paris trumpet solo

Edited by JMS0527

I don't know, I guess I should sit down and watch all my drumcorps shows again...

That's the same feeling I'm gettting from this thread. Gonna have a busy night ahead of me now.

Drills of Blue Devils,Cadets,Cavaliers,Santa Clara Vanguard, Phantom Regiment and Madison Scouts

rimshotTerrance :wub:

In all seriousness, the OP nailed two of them. Cross to Cross and the Flying (Death) Wedge. My third would be SCV's collapsing Y in '99. HM only because I couldn't think of a way to state it in 3 words or less! B)

The SCV collapsing Y was almost my 3rd pick. I didn't know how to describe it anyway. :)

Regiment gets a runner-up spot with the drum wedge forcing a hornline scatter in their '03 show.

Oohhh - good one. I forgot about that. That was a sweet move.

Madison 1999- The Cross to Star formation

Madison 1995- Pinwheel to company front

Star of Indiana 1992- The American flag set at the end

Aw, man...I forgot about that one. I love that move...I always called it the Drumline Bully Move. And you have to love the music that accompanies it.
Agreed. Beautiful marriage of music and motion. :wub:

In all seriousness, the OP nailed two of them. Cross to Cross and the Flying (Death) Wedge. My third would be SCV's collapsing Y in '99. Regiment gets a runner-up spot with the drum wedge forcing a hornline scatter in their '03 show. HM only because I couldn't think of a way to state it in 3 words or less! B)

:wub::blink::blink::blink::blink:

Totally, exactly, perfectly my 4 choices!!!