IceBerg

DiamondCutter

Pass through

drumspiritTerrance

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Now I'm going to have to pull out my DVD's and check out some of these moves. I find myself listening to my CD's (actually mp3's I have made of my CD's) quite a bit, but I don't pull out the DVD's too often.

I really liked the SCV folding box move from '99/2000, '93 Regiment's crab step (huge crowd reaction for a drill move), and the cross drill at the end of '91 star was great.

I need to watch more videos and see what else I can find. I'm more of a music person than visual, but I should expand my drum corps horizons.

I'm guessing the Ice Berg is one of the large, LARGE triangular shaped sets PR used in the late '80's and early '90s. It tended to move backwards towards the right side of the field.

I'm guessing the Ice Berg is one of the large, LARGE triangular shaped sets PR used in the late '80's and early '90s. It tended to move backwards towards the right side of the field.

That's the one. I think it was used in 1987, 1988, 1989, 1990 (it was more diamond-shaped that year), 1991, and 1992.

I also have to mention Phantom's drill right after the drum soli last year...frantic music, frantic scatter drill that suddenly coalesces when they quote the American in Paris trumpet solo

Actually, to tell the truth, the members wrote their own drill there. They basically told us to run around the field as fast as we can. We just had to wind up in that set. The set we finished in is an iceberg. Once when they were trying to get us to play louder there JD Shaw shouted "You're in a freakin iceberg! Get a clue!" or something very similar.

PS so add 2005 to the list of years that use icebergs.

Edited by Decals

I haven't seen too much of the early years of Drum Corps, but these two come to mind as classics:

1995 Madison Scouts - the pinwheel followed by company front all the way till the end in "A Drum Corps Fan's Dream"

1995 Cavaliers - The "DNA" move in "The Planets"

'95 Madison's marching entrance onto the field in a pre performance full Corps company front from the endzone to the 50 yard line was pretty awesome too I thought. All you need to lose the visual effect of this is to have one marcher or two lose a step or two and that line can get pretty snake like looking in a heartbeat. Madison seemed to have that execution of their company front down pat that year.

Edited by X DM

I'd go with these:

Troopers Sunburst

Phantoms Wedge

Cadets Z Pull

and a personal favorite near and dear to my heart, the Bigwally move from the '90 Bluecoats

one drill move I like from this year is in SCV's show, at the end of their opening statement when they form a block by folding lines down as they are moving backwards.