Favorite Drill Move's

It wasn't anything exciting or even cool. Basically one day in rehearsal I zoned during the drill move right before the "Candyman" section of Don't Get Around Much Anymore. Somehow I ended up a good 3 yards or so out of my set. Tim Ochran was our visual caption head that year. During the winter camps he and Sly had officially named me Bigwally because at the time I was a dead ringer for a guy who had marched Cavies with Sly a few years before when Tim was on staff there. Anyway, he noticed my screw up and as we were resetting he named that move the "Bigwally Move."

Heh-heh - good story! :)

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2) SCV 2001 Very last set. Guard in a circle, everyone else stretched diagonally across the field.

That was 2000.

cav o6 - guard members deforming the box form

cav 04 - the circle floating through the form during the whistling

cav 99 - merry-go-round

cav 91 - end of show

star 91 - end of opener

star 90 - star to star

various things from others

1995 Cavies - spinning DNA

2001 Cadets - lone guard passing through the horn block near the end of Farandole.

2003 SCV - near the end of the closer where the cymbal line meets up at the top of a "pathway", leads the guard down, and does the Viper.

2004 SCV - from the wave company front to the diamond before they dissipate.

star - rotating box into company front in the opener

star - cross to cross

cavies - end of 04 from live and let die

cavies - 04 when they were in a box and the horns inside started making geometric shapes and it all broke apart and came back into a perfect box.....amazing

Heh, Spin Cycle is underrated because it didn't win a title, while just about every other Cavaliers show this decade has. I truly think that scores alone have affected how people view that product. When you watch the entire package, no question it's a championship-worthy show, and I could buy an argument saying that it's even better integrated and more seamless than the shows that came before it.

*edit* Certainly I don't wish to take anything away from Blue Devils, either. They had a championship-worthy show as well, and saying that Spin Cycle is underrated is not meant to imply that I didn't enjoy Phenomenon of the Cool.

You know....I Just watched 03 Devils and Cavies last night. Once I get past the guard uniform, and its easy to because of the depth of the show, Its really an awesome show, great guard work, and drill, great opening drill, really good music..I really like 03 Cavaliers

~G~

I'll go with 27's "swing around" during "Danny Boy" at the end of their show circa 75', 76? Extremely difficult to excecute, and I'm sure they got hit for it a few times. Not many designers have the guts to put that in a program today.

of all time???? Wow. Have to say anytime 27 did the big revolving company front in Danny Boy would be one. The Z- pull and and its various incarnations from the Cadets. The cross in the Star of Indiana show was pretty special too. There are so many-