Favorite Drill Move's

1. SCV 99 -- the move they did in the middle of the show and then repeated at the end. Whoa!

2. Cavies (Frameworks) what year was that? Near the end of the show the little dance moves they did.

3. Star 90-- all the stars at the end

HM: Cadets 87 -- end of production company front

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Notes on PR 03:

The move with the two parallelograms in Wild Nights was called 'the Grinder' more often than not

The move where the drumline triangle barges through the hornline was more or less the members making up there own drill. We spent a few rehearsals doing it all 4 counts at a time to clean it up, but it was really just a lot of running around and swirls.

General Tso - was that the block in Louisiana? I won't forget that day because of the fire ants (the field linning crew found those), and Bob Smith just yelling a lot, lol. Bob Smith made for the funniest rehearsals once you figured him out - if your wondering, I was 'Sox Hat' - his favorite target.

Nope... I got hit for a good week and a half after that, until FINALLY i convinced the vis staff to work on it. We spent a whole block drawing the pathways with paint after the freeform....

It was because i was running to the sidelines, and then running backwards to get to my spot, because the drill numbering was wrong. I got hit ever single time, and even by one of the eric's finals night.

My most memorable drill move was not even a drill sequence per se. It was Madison's

field entrance in 1982. They simply marched out 2 by 2 in one long, intimidating green line.

I had never such poise, confidence, and perfect marching before. It's what made me join them!

My 2nd would be the whole ending sequence of Cavaliers 2000 show with

the intersecting lines into the blender, into the Diamond Cutter, and the blocks

pulling apart. Awesome.

My 3rd, also from 2000, the Cadets ending sequence. Everything after the company front

was just mind blowing!

There are too many runner-ups to count, but a few are; Madison's wedge, Garfield's instant company front

and Z-pull...Phantom's W-pull, Cavaliers' esophagus and DNA helix, SCV's colapsing Y,

BD's quickly rotating boxes...all are awesome!