Russelville Retreat

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If you all believe in the Cascades, then let them know at the next show. Just like all the other Moms and Dads that are reading this topic right now...these kids need your support - regardless of the corps, do something special for a corps when they come to your location(s). Ask them what they need - be it ice, gatorade, brownies or ice cream as special treats. Or perhaps buy a souvie. Cheer loudly for each and every corps.

quick opinion on scores

The right corps won.

Spirit was scored too high... and I like Spirit.

Glassmen have a nice visual program and that is why they are close Madison

Scades are better then Magic.

Crossmen will be in Semis with an ok show that is above last years show.

Spirit has really opened that gap between them and the Crossmen. I am fearing making up 4 points on them to jump into finals is next to impossible. I do have to wonder if the fact that Spirit went on last in this show raised their score?

Having followed most threads this summer and last, many readers really enjoy this years Crossmen show (compared to last years). So what is holding the Xmen back? Performance issues?

Spirit has really opened that gap between them and the Crossmen. I am fearing making up 4 points on them to jump into finals is next to impossible. I do have to wonder if the fact that Spirit went on last in this show raised their score?

Having followed most threads this summer and last, many readers really enjoy this years Crossmen show (compared to last years). So what is holding the Xmen back? Performance issues?

With the other scores tonight Crossmen need to worry about being caught by Capital Regiment whohave just passed Blue Stars and sound like they are hitting their stride for the stretch run.

I heard that Jimmy Steele was going to poke fun at Spirit and have JSU "losing" during the halftime score in the Crossmen's Radio segment. Of course Sprit and Bones have a really good relationship, and Jimmy's worked with both, so it was all in jest. :P

Did they actually annouce a score like that?

That would be tremendous. :whistle:

It got a big cheer in Indy, when they had the Hoosiers beating the Badgers 28-3. It would have been a little better if they had updated their radio station to match with something in the area. I mean, there's an X103, but they still say X105. Wonder if that's a licensing thing? Can't remember if they updated the traffic report for the area...

Not sure if anything is truly holding them back this summer. It is just so competitive this year and corps are getting better each and every year. Plus, once you lose a spot in finals, it can sometimes be hard to get it back because you really have to prove that you deserve to be back in Finals. Combine that with the fact that in order to get back into finals you have to beat a couple of corps that were ahead of you the year before.

So ask the question:

Is 2006 Xmen better than Colts, Spirit, Glassmen? These are corps that are directly ahead of them and corps that finished ahead of them last year. I can't answer this because i haven't seen any corps live yet, however all of these corps, including Xmen, are quality organizations and the kids in Xmen are no doubt having a great time peforming this show.

So the real issue is that the kids are having a great time, getting great instruction, they will return and the corps should be stronger next season because of this. Sometimes you must be patient and cannot expect instant turnarounds.

As always...my 2 cents.

Peace!

That would be tremendous. :whistle:

It got a big cheer in Indy, when they had the Hoosiers beating the Badgers 28-3. It would have been a little better if they had updated their radio station to match with something in the area. I mean, there's an X103, but they still say X105. Wonder if that's a licensing thing? Can't remember if they updated the traffic report for the area...

To continue:

Perhaps this is the problem with the production this year. Many of us are talking about the radio section and its entertainment value, how cool it is, etc. But very rarely have we seen posts in regards to the rest of their program. We are not talking about the drums, guard, hornline, visuals, etc, but about a section that is quite lengthy smack in the middle of a traditional crossmen package. Perhaps this is the issue that faces Bones, that they have, in essence, a Metheny opener, a beautiful ballad, interspersed with this other show (Radio Section) followed by a quick closer.

Contrast that to the corps ahead of them who seem to have less issues in terms of pacing and programming and perhaps this is why they are where they are.

Nevertheless....love the corps...always a fan favorite, kids are having a great time from what i am hearing. This will ultimately be what gets them back in, whether it be this year or in years to come!

Peace!