MY rule change proposition

...what about people who wait until coming back from service at age 21/22 to enter college, though? They might well have the additional time (and financial resources) to march. :)

you can go to college and march at the same time! once you join the military you are stuck your entire enlistment, they wont give you leave to go tour for 3 months every year. if you are in school, you have the option of marching or not.

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Honorable discharge only. In fact, I think you can simplify the rule quite a bit.

If anyone who served was honorably discharged, and was not a member of a military band, their time served is to be subtracted from their age when determining eligibility. Does not apply to the Reserves unless called into active duty; any Reservist in active duty has all time counted. Ultimate maximum is under 26 June 1st of season marching.

I think you'd find this to be a rarely used exception, but I think it's worth having on the books.

...what about people who wait until coming back from service at age 21/22 to enter college, though? They might well have the additional time (and financial resources) to march. :)

People can march and do college at the same time, it's a common occurence the likelyhood of marching and doing a military job are very unlikely.

if your prop passed, I would submit my own entitled "Dude, get on with your life!"

and i would submit one entitled "vkeson is heartless" those people defend you....why should they have to miss out on something great.

you can go to college and march at the same time! once you join the military you are stuck your entire enlistment, they wont give you leave to go tour for 3 months every year. if you are in school, you have the option of marching or not.

That's exactly what I was trying to point out with my post. :P

...absolutely the military is a full-time commitment; but when you get back...going to school and marching corps can be an option. :)

Honorable discharge only. In fact, I think you can simplify the rule quite a bit.

If anyone who served was honorably discharged, and was not a member of a military band, their time served is to be subtracted from their age when determining eligibility. Does not apply to the Reserves unless called into active duty; any Reservist in active duty has all time counted. Ultimate maximum is under 26 June 1st of season marching.

I think you'd find this to be a rarely used exception, but I think it's worth having on the books.

military bands or not.. i dont think what you do should affect the rule. and marines and army even i believe, may have to do war related things besides play their instruments. vkcanos can probably clarify on that since he was a band jarhead.

so how does an official rule change proposition get put into motion?

What does being in a military band have to do with anything? Beleive me, being in a military band isFAAAAAAAAAAR from anything that drum corps is.