• Bluecoats
    • Cadets
    • Carolina Crown
    • Santa Clara Vanguard
    • Madison Scouts
  2. 2. Will Cadets Beat out Bloo?

• Yes
    • No

I think there needed to be a new option on the poll on who would take first..."Rain".

I'm here and so far the weather looks like it'll hold out. The ceiling looks very high, and the clouds in the distance right now don't look too ominous.

Expect a review from me tomorrow morning!

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm watching a big blob moving toward Cookeville on the radar...

I'm just interested in seeing if Phantom has closed that gap in vis performance. It was the entire margin of victory for BD over them last week, and nearly the entire margin against the Cavies. If that gap has closed, and Phantom remains the same distance back or more, then I'll be highly doubtful that they'll be able to compete for the title. But 2nd place...we'll see.

It looks to me like they could put the show on rain delay...if it starts raining. The weather doesn't look too bad after this front.

But!....

Has anyone noticed an increase in the rained out shows this season??? I remember marching a couple of shows in the rain when I marched corps. What if there is no thunder or lightning...and the rain is very light? Would the show still go on, or will it be cancelled due to the lack of use of electrical equipment? I feel as if there have been shows called off because of light rain and problems with electricity, etc...

Do corps perform in the rain anymore? Are shows cancelled just because of the electrical equipment?

Cavaliers

Blue Devils

Phantom Regiment

Bluecoats

SCV :rock:

Cadets

It looks to me like they could put the show on rain delay...if it starts raining. The weather doesn't look too bad after this front.

But!....

Has anyone noticed an increase in the rained out shows this season??? I remember marching a couple of shows in the rain when I marched corps. What if there is no thunder or lightning...and the rain is very light? Would the show still go on, or will it be cancelled due to the lack of use of electrical equipment? I feel as if there have been shows called off because of light rain and problems with electricity, etc...

Do corps perform in the rain anymore? Are shows cancelled just because of the electrical equipment?

Cant say for sure , however , we used to only call if the field was not safe from rain or mud or lighting. Most stadiums can track weather from on site , so they have an idea of how long a storm may last . SO i would guess electrical equipment is playing a roll in the number of these.It follows the history of the activity. As pits became more intergrated parts of programming you saw less stand stills if the pit could not play .

Cant say for sure , however , we used to only call if the field was not safe from rain or mud or lighting. Most stadiums can track weather from on site , so they have an idea of how long a storm may last . SO i would guess electrical equipment is playing a roll in the number of these.It follows the history of the activity. As pits became more intergrated parts of programming you saw less stand stills if the pit could not play .

I just always thought shows were called off only for lightning and mud.... I really hope this show goes on!

I think there needed to be a new option on the poll on who would take first..."Rain".

Sorry, I had no idea rain would be a factor...... :rock: