"Brass on the Bayou" in Houston - July 29

If you're in the Houston area this weekend, come out to the first sanctioned D.C.A. show in Texas, "Brass on the Bayou", sponsored by Gulf Coast Sound Drum & Bugle Corps and their parent organization, Gulf Coast Drum Corps Associates. The show will be held on Saturday, July 29, at Parsley Field on the campus of St. Pius X High School, 811 W. Donovan @ N. Shepherd in Houston, beginning at 7:00 pm. Featured performers include Houston's own Gulf Coast Sound, Frontier from Dallas, TX, Trinity Drum & Bugle Corps (Class III DCI) from Seguin, TX and the Arabis Shrine Drum & Bugle Corps from Houston. The festivities will be kicked off by GCS's premiere small ensemble, Gulf Wind.

Tickets for "Brass on the Bayou" are $7.00-adults/$5.00-students (children under 5-free) at the gate. For more information, maps and directions to the show, please check out our website:

www.brassonthebayou.org

Heading down right after work :)

If you're in the Houston area this weekend, come out to the first sanctioned D.C.A. show in Texas, "Brass on the Bayou", sponsored by Gulf Coast Sound Drum & Bugle Corps and their parent organization, Gulf Coast Drum Corps Associates. The show will be held on Saturday, July 29, at Parsley Field on the campus of St. Pius X High School, 811 W. Donovan @ N. Shepherd in Houston, beginning at 7:00 pm. Featured performers include Houston's own Gulf Coast Sound, Frontier from Dallas, TX, Trinity Drum & Bugle Corps (Class III DCI) from Seguin, TX and the Arabis Shrine Drum & Bugle Corps from Houston. The festivities will be kicked off by GCS's premiere small ensemble, Gulf Wind.

Tickets for "Brass on the Bayou" are $7.00-adults/$5.00-students (children under 5-free) at the gate. For more information, maps and directions to the show, please check out our website:

www.brassonthebayou.org

My CONGRATULATIONS to Jason and David, for working hard to make this event happen , Even with a couple of obstacles, one major one in particular,they continued to forge ahead and proceed with "Business as Usual" to make this a successful weekend. I commend them and ALL of Gulf Coast Sound for fighting off events and challenges that were out of their control and putting this weekend together .. If you are in the area... GO.. you'll have a great time.. :rock:

Edited by DCASouth

My CONGRATULATIONS to Jason and David, for working hard to make this event happen , Even with a couple of obstacles, one major one in particular,they continued to forge ahead and proceed with "Business as Usual" to make this a successful weekend. I commend them for fighting off events and challenges that were out of their

control and putting the weekend together .. If you are in the area... GO.. you'll have a great time.. :rock:

Absolutely. Well said, Vic.

Also many thanks to the entire GCDCA board. 9 months of planning and effort for one day. You guys and gals are inspirations for everyone that wants to see drum corps thrive and grow in Texas and beyond.

It hasn't been easy, but I think it'll be worth all the effort.

A lot of good people have put in a LOT of time to make this something special. And, it's only the beginning. We're really looking forward to hosting the Regional Championships in 08.

Isn't that your standard reponse to everything Joe?

Usually :)

If i could I'd be there myself, how's that?

now that rocks ;)

it's the field debut for both Frontier and GCS, and the 2nd field show for Trinity, so we could all use the reviews and exposure

I will be taking pics and some video on my digital cam... so coming to Youtube soon.... ;)

Ben does a great job taking pics for GCS, and he will be in full force on Saturday for practice, pre-show, show, and after party! Look for pics on our home website in the upcoming weeks:

www.gulfcoastsound.org/media

(Shhhh......can you keep a secret? The program books for Brass on the Bayou has a "Free Drink Ticket" inside for the after party, and everyone is invited!)