Incredibly Long Atlanta Review...

Nikk...what can I say that I haven't said to you already in the last 5 or 6 years. That was great.

But you know what? My head is spinning just slightly...ever so slightly...that someone of April Gilligan's stature and reputation in the "industry" would resort to an email to you that, well, let's face it...bordering on childish if not completely egocentric. I'm just amazed at the gall. You know--it IS ok to say, "You know what, you're right, I'm sorry, and I'll try to remember where I am next time. It was an emergency, and I was distracted." But...well...I was thrown to the dogs and chewed on (and out) for an opinion about a parent supporter of a show who I made an unfair remark about in a review a few years back, and while at first was VERY defensive about it, could see that it was no laughing matter and I publicly had to eat major major crow.

ANYWAY--sorry--getting lost in my thoughts here. Amazingly entertaining and enlightening review, and I sincerely appreciate you going to the trouble of publishing it. Knowing how much work it takes to put out a quality review (LIKE YOU'VE PUT ONE OUT TURNER!?!?!?!? BAAAAAAAA!!!), I certainly appreciate what you've done.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for the review Nick!!

For the record. I do believe your alma matter will win the 2006 world championships. Yes, the show is that good!

b**bs

Nikk - thanks for the great review.

Any thoughts on the performance of the CorpsVets or Jubal?

i thought it was a great review, agreed with the always needing to say "THE" before the corps name, magic of orlando would have worked just fine!

I agree with your statement that there needs to be an area roped off for staff to watch. Crowding in the aisles and standing at the rails is dangerous and gets in the way of those of us who paid money (good money in the upper level) to see the show. They need to watch and need a place to be able to do that.

Actually, DCI had set aside an area (about 20 seats) for corps staffs to view their shows, but from what I understand, our good friends at Ticketmaster screwed up and sold those seats, without DCI's knowledge. The staff viewing area was all roped off, and folks started showing up with tickets in that area.

Great review, BTW!

Nikk-

Great review, but one correction......

It hasn't been Spirit "of Atlanta" for several years now.

Other than that, thanks for the good work!

I'm aware of that...but to me, it's always going to be Spirit of Atlanta. I still have trouble not thinking "Garfield Cadets" and they haven't been that since 1989!

Actually, DCI had set aside an area (about 20 seats) for corps staffs to view their shows, but from what I understand, our good friends at Ticketmaster screwed up and sold those seats, without DCI's knowledge. The staff viewing area was all roped off, and folks started showing up with tickets in that area.

Great review, BTW!

Well, if that is the case, then kudos to DCI and boo to freaking Ticketmaster. If this is really the case, then it is nice to see DCI doing something about the need for corps staffs to see the shows. Now, if they could just enforce not having the marching members go up into the stands either...a few of them came all the way up to Section 321 and were talking all throughout Crossmen's show.