Make your own DCI motivational poster!

I am LOVING this thread!

• Replies 594
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

PR does concerts for boosters on occassion - the FULL story is in one of the diary entries from Mike's Memoires in 03 - from what I recall, the concert was at a boosters house. The booster, and his friends and family were up on the balcony. We did a concert run of the show, and a few other pieces. Afterwards, they repaid us by giving us an awesome meal, and letting us hang out.

It actually was a lot of fun.

Note to self...be kind to Phantom Regiment!

Now all I need to do is strike oil...or perhaps strike a catering company...

PR does concerts for boosters on occassion - the FULL story is in one of the diary entries from Mike's Memoires in 03 - from what I recall, the concert was at a boosters house. The booster, and his friends and family were up on the balcony. We did a concert run of the show, and a few other pieces. Afterwards, they repaid us by giving us an awesome meal, and letting us hang out.

It actually was a lot of fun.

The Booster from this occasion is Dana Pelan, a corps alum that marched contra sometime in the 80's. I also believe he serves on the Board of Directors. He donated a very gracious sum to the corps to kick off a fundraising drive leading to the beginning of the 50th Anniversary, so the corps thanked him by coming and playing a concert in his backyard just before leaving for tour. Playing at his house has become almost a yearly thing now, with concerts there in '03, '04, and '05 (dont know about this summer). It's a great time, and after the concert the corps eats some REALLY good food and gets to play around in the backyard for a couple hours. This is one of very few positive memories of mine from (the rough) everydays of 2004.

204495794_0c505b2b40_o.jpg

"Don't drink and buy."

(Actually, I own that shirt in gold -- I'll buy any shirt with the Garfield "G.")

oh ok, didn't know they were on King contras, also, that guy in the gray shirt really looks like someone that was in the line

I'm the guy in gray lol

Edited by Vanguard07