~Phantom Regiment~

Phantom Regiment

Name in this thread what to you is your ten best of anything associated with this corps, wether it be placements, moments in history, opening numbers, visual performances, colorguard performances

brass performances, musical selections...etc...etc...etc....

My ten favorite Phantom Regiment shows:

1. 1991 Spectacle, pageantry and an expressive colorguard.

2. 1979 First time I ever saw such a thing, and heard such a thing, they made such an impression, especually the marching mallets. "Elsas procession to the cathedral" is reason alone to love this show.

3. 1987 I got to see this show alot this year marching in the midwest. What a glorious comeback ! A larger than life, "how did they do that" drill , solid show concept, and a stunning look from the colorguard.

4. 1990 Visual execution was perfect, near flawless patterns and transitions, an elegant guard making excelent use of their equipment and such sweet, appealing music.

5. 2005 (see 1990, how ironic) Solid entertainment, showmanship and emotion. Stunning, breathtaking colorguard and in your face arrangements.

6. 1985 eleven, count 'em, eleven company fronts in this Berlioz', Wren, Hurley, and Brazale masterpiece. Nothing short of a masterpiece, one of the earliest examples of perfection and success in regards to marrying music and visual. Just a tough show across the board that needed one more week.

I feel it still holds up today.

7. 1983 Solidly in fourth all season, almost making a run for it all in the last week. A lesson in classical music 101. Videos of this show do not so it justice, you need to see the high camera to appreciate just how dazzling, how hard, and how truly inovative this visual package was, and colorguard using double rifles at the end of the show with the first appearance of the "streamers"

8. 1992 Bag on this show all you want but from a pure spectator POV, it was awesome and had everything one could want in marching musical pageantry, from the "yards" of fabric, to the elegantly clothed colorguard, the drill design, the 1812 spectacle, the drama of the "burning of Moscow" A truly underrated and underappreciated show

9. 1994 innovation in the form of the split/pit and the use of black and white. Musically this corps delivers year after year and 94 was no exception. Guard stepped it up a notch with much more demanding work and solid presence and again, their use of black and white and the revisiting of the wedge" makes this show unforgettable.

10. 1988 after making a triumphant return in 87, PR was thee buzz to take it all in 1988. "Romeo and Juliet" was an awesome selection andwas highlighted by an awesome, expressive caption winning colorguard, beautiful, field covering drill, and solid musical arrangements.

~G~

More "ten best" categories to follow..

8. 1992 Bag on this show all you want but from a pure spectator POV, it was awesome and had everything one could want in marching musical pageantry, from the "yards" of fabric, to the elegantly clothed colorguard, the drill design, the 1812 spectacle, the drama of the "burning of Moscow" A truly underrated and underappreciated show

EXACTLY ^OO^

Well I don't know if I have ten, but here it goes...

1993 - crab step wedge, 360 turn...enough said!

1996 - Dark, Powerful and full of emotion.

2006 - Love the closer - amazing brass book.

Don't leave out the same in 2003! Plus, they included the leg wedge!!

Hey- I'm listening to that on iTunes right now!!!! I'm at 2:12 (Wheat Dance) in case you cared.. :lol:

Da da da da da daaaa, da da da daaaaaaah daaaaaaaaaah..........

Da da daaaaa....da da.......

(front ensemble).... dadada dadada...

(me) "Aaaahhhh..."

• Like 1