Warrenton, VA - Brief Review

This is not a top-12 show. Sorry. :-(

This is definitely one of the better years for Colts in terms of design and execution.

I don't think design has anything to do with the reality that it probably will not make top 12.

Good job this year, Colts!

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, Your review is in stark contrast to what many have reviewed about these corps, but thanks for the review anyway.

1) Colts show is as well designed as I have seen from them in a while. They seem to be on the right track now. Competition is keeping them 13th right now.

2) Scouts show does have visual design issues, and will keep this corps out of the top 6 this year

3) Spirits drill has more movement in it than in past few years. Execution seems to be the issue now. It will continue to improve

Thank you for the Warrenton review! I miss when the Vanguard performs somewhere (...far away) and no one writes a review. :(

That's why I said this years program rather than the last few years and "arguably" as opposed to definitely. It would be a difficult argument to make that 2006 is BARNONE the best Colts program of all time, although it is definitely up there.

That's why I said this years program rather than the last few years and "arguably" as opposed to definitely. It would be a difficult argument to make that 2006 is BARNONE the best Colts program of all time, although it is definitely up there.

I agree...and that would include both of the shows that I marched there. It's close, for me at least, with '95...but if I were ranking, I'd put it this way:

1) '97 - Just a killer show that I wish the Scouts would have done or WOULD do something very similar.

2) '06 - IMO, best show out of the Colts since '97...and definately one of the best in the last 20 years.

3) '95 - "Sunday" and the hand-drumming along with the Colts best finish ever...great combo.

4) '93 - "Summertime" in this great "4 seasons" show and their first time breaking into the top 12.

once again, just my opinion, but I LOVE the direction they are going with this show...it may not have exactly ALL the pieces in place or the PERFECT design in every aspect, but it's still extremely strong and deserves to be in finals...make it happen Colts!!! :D

I LOVE the direction they are going with this show...it may not have exactly ALL the pieces in place or the PERFECT design in every aspect, but it's still extremely strong and deserves to be in finals...make it happen Colts!!! :D

I have seen Colts vs. Spirit 3 times now, and I MUCH prefer the Colt's show. It is higher in demand, interest, technique, musicality, motion and makes much better use of the guard.

I don't mean to make people mad, but I just don't see how Spirit keeps locking up 12th. Their show is clean, but SIMPLE - is that what the judging community is promoting these days? Yes, they have a loud horn line, but then...? To me their show is monochromatic and forgettable after the first two minutes. All I remember about the guard is that they are stuck on the outside most of the time, doing something with blue.

Just how I feel. I'm sure there are plenty who disagree.

DCfan76........You prefer Colts to Spirit and that's respectable but-- the higher demand , technique, musicality, motion and guard intergration part of your statement is not if you are using these elements to say that Colts should infact be ahead of Spirit right now.

DCfan76........You prefer Colts to Spirit and that's respectable but-- the higher demand , technique, musicality, motion and guard intergration part of your statement is not if you are using these elements to say that Colts should infact be ahead of Spirit right now.

Be NICE.....He's a Corps parent, with a corps kid, I would guess in ....let me see....THE COLTS....(LOL)....

Hey, we parents are somewhat partial you know? Besides, what any one of us thinks right now does not make a bit of difference....The guys with green shirts say Spirit is 2+ some points better......BUT thats OK.....Be nice....

Next year the glove may be on the other foot........and I don't care how you cook it.......Crow s**ks!

Edited by lowbrassdad

Be NICE.....He's a Corps parent, with a corps kid, I would guess in ....let me see....THE COLTS....(LOL)....

Hey, we parents are somewhat partial you know? Besides, what any one of us thinks right now does not make a bit of difference....The guys with green shirts say Spirit is 2+ some points better......BUT thats OK.....Be nice....

Next year the glove may be on the other foot........and I don't care how you cook it.......Crow s**ks!

Amen!

^OO^ ^OO^ ^OO^ ^OO^