Bridgemen Review?

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From the stands.........it was such a time jump. It was so wonderful to have the Bridgemen back! Drumcorps needs this type of entertainment again. Its what brings the people back to the shows. I was misty eyed by the time it was over. Thank you Bridgemen for coming back to us!

Edited by tradition

I'm a relatively new drum corps fan (I've only really been into it for the past few years), but it was definitely an honor to see the Bridgemen last night. Thank you for playing, it was awesome!!!

An honor? AWESOME? That's very high praise. Thank you. Here's a thread from another Allentown topic.

QUOTE(Lancerlady @ Aug 5 2006, 11:28 PM)

So what did Bridgemen score. OOps wrong thread...

Just trying to lighten things up y'all are getting intense about these scores..

Nope, not a wrong thread at all. The Bridgemen actually received a two point penalty for playing complete musical presentations last night (w/verse, chorus, coda, and ending). Then they got another 2 pt penalty for actually laying down a GROOVE in percussion (time plus licks!). Finally, they got a 1 point penaly for actually making the (almost) the entire audience smile, and laugh, and genuinely enjoy THEMSELVES as they enjoyed the Bridgemen!

So if folks enjoyed it so much, then why isn't humor and comedy pursued and presented much more in our contemporary shows? Because you won't win with it? Win WHERE? In the scoresheets, or the minds and hearts of the audience?

QUESTION: Was their ANY humor/comedy pursued at all on Sat. in the Allentown performances? The only instance of humor and comedy programming I saw was in the RADIO segment of Crossmen's show. And, regardless of Crossmen's score and placement, the audience (not all, of course, but most) seemed to really buy and enjoy the effective and entertaining aspect of it. People all around me on the 50 yd line nodded, smiled, laughed, and appreciated the Crossmen's entertainment value. Please tell me, were there any OTHER instances of humor/comedy that I missed? (Aside from the tongue-in-cheek humor of the horsehead silks in BDs show!).

Did they do the "Bridgemen Drop" at the closer? That's probably asking a bit much of them at this point in most of their lives, but I always loved that! :)

Did they do the "Bridgemen Drop" at the closer? That's probably asking a bit much of them at this point in most of their lives, but I always loved that! :)

They "kind of" did The Drop - before they played a note! When the DM raised hs arms to begin their show, every other corps member fell out, and the others immediately began giving the fallen ones CPR. It was hi-larious!

Congratulations Bridgemen! :worthy: I would've loved to have joined you but...having a baby takes care of my mid life crisis! :P

I hope somebody has this on video?