Bridgemen Review?

Thank you for playing, it was awesome!!!

you are very, very, VERY welcome. it IMO was an honor to do it. :worthy::worthy::huh:

i still haven't stopped smiling. i think i still smiled while i slept. b**bs

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

you are very, very, VERY welcome. it IMO was an honor to do it. :worthy::worthy::huh:

i still haven't stopped smiling. i think i still smiled while i slept. b**bs

I've never know the Bridgemen to sleep, really, you slept or were you just in a dream state? :P

I was at the show both nights. Rather than providing a full review of every corps (which I'm way too tired to do at the moment), I'll just put one up for the...

BRIDGEMEN...BAYONNE, NJ

They came out in the classic yellow raincoat-looking unis and had a few members of the guard standing off to the side holding the colors at all times. The actual show didn't get underway for a couple minutes. The announcer made it sound like there was an "equipment malfunction" for one of the base drums. The base drum runs out of the end zone and into the formation, trips falling HEAD OVER HEELS into the turf! I thought he was seriously injured!! Then, a couple "paramedics" come onto the field and tote away the totalled base drum, made the entire stadium laugh. The DM then turned to salute the audience, then the entire corps played dead and the members who didn't tried to revive them with CPR. The DM played along got another rise out of the crowd.

Once the actual show got underway, it was a total blast. It's the most fun I've ever had watching a show in my 5-6 years watching corps. They played many classic tunes from their competitive days 26 years ago. After the show was "over," the corps rushed the stands and played another song. Wow. The crowd, already standing on its feet, went berserk! After that, they turned around as if the show was over, then turned back to the crowd and played ANOTHER song. They had the crowd in the palm of their hand. Great way to end the regional!

Edited by dciguy01

The Bridgemen were by far the hit of the weekend. They played music people recognized, could remember when leaving the stadium and could get into. The crowd clapped along with the music, shouted "welcome back", and were on their feet over and over. There was an electricity in the air between the corps and the fans the likes of which I have not felt in years. Some people around me had tears in their eyes. More than one person was heard to say "why can't the corps today entertain the fans like this. We need a VK or Bridgemen type corps to bring some fun back into the shows". It was pure crowd pleasing entertainment and the crowd could not get enough of it. Here is one example of the type of emotion that existed last night. My wife and I were walking off the field toward the corps gate well after the Bridgeman had left the field. As we got around the goal posts a single Bridgemen horn player walked onto the field faced the stands, now empty, raised both arms and said "one more time". He then bent down and patted the turf. One more time indeed. We need more one more times like this. I suspect this was a night the Bridgemen corps members will not soon forget, neither will the fans and I know I won't. Thanks Bridgemen for your outstanding performance

I've never know the Bridgemen to sleep, really, you slept or were you just in a dream state? :P

yeah . . . i'm thinking it might have been a dream state.

hey anyone have a cure for this floating on air feeling? :worthy:

eh ~ don't worry about it. i haven't been this happy in ages. B)