Bridgemen Review?

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

you want me to call him and harrass him? :lolhit:

So...was it video taped? If so.. :) how much?

I'm a relatively new drum corps fan (I've only really been into it for the past few years), but it was definitely an honor to see the Bridgemen last night. Thank you for playing, it was awesome!!!

You are very very welcome.

I'm still trying to figure out who enjoyed themselves more. The fans or the corps.

QUOTE(Lancerlady @ Aug 5 2006, 11:28 PM)

So what did Bridgemen score. OOps wrong thread...

Just trying to lighten things up y'all are getting intense about these scores..

Nope, not a wrong thread at all. The Bridgemen actually received a two point penalty for playing complete musical presentations last night (w/verse, chorus, coda, and ending). Then they got another 2 pt penalty for actually laying down a GROOVE in percussion (time plus licks!). Finally, they got a 1 point penaly for actually making the (almost) the entire audience smile, and laugh, and genuinely enjoy THEMSELVES as they enjoyed the Bridgemen!

End Quote-------

One of our show design staff told us that if we were competing we would receive a 5 point penalty for being entertaining.

Edited by Baritonium

Anyone from last night?

I guess the best word that comes to mind is AWESOME !!!! I saw the Bridgemen in Bayone about a month ago and COULD NOT WAIT to see them again.

Congrats Bridgemen.......you are doing great things...

Triple Forte

QUOTE(Lancerlady @ Aug 5 2006, 11:28 PM)

So what did Bridgemen score. OOps wrong thread...

Just trying to lighten things up y'all are getting intense about these scores..

Nope, not a wrong thread at all. The Bridgemen actually received a two point penalty for playing complete musical presentations last night (w/verse, chorus, coda, and ending). Then they got another 2 pt penalty for actually laying down a GROOVE in percussion (time plus licks!). Finally, they got a 1 point penaly for actually making the (almost) the entire audience smile, and laugh, and genuinely enjoy THEMSELVES as they enjoyed the Bridgemen!

End Quote-------

One of our show design staff told us that if we were competing we would receive a 5 point penalty for being entertaining.

Who cares how many points penalty for entertaining the crowd ???

That's why I pay to see drum & trumpet bands, to be entertained !!!!

I used to love to see drum & bugle corps but they don't exist any more, #### it !! :ph34r::ph34r:

We've already heard some affectionate reports from the baby blue crew who were there.

Was getting a little verklempt, but the story about the one guy in the end zone...

Don't have to hear all the details to know that it was the kind of experience that everybody there will always remember.

I was at the show both nights. Rather than providing a full review of every corps (which I'm way too tired to do at the moment), I'll just put one up for the...

BRIDGEMEN...BAYONNE, NJ

They came out in the classic yellow raincoat-looking unis and had a few members of the guard standing off to the side holding the colors at all times. The actual show didn't get underway for a couple minutes. The announcer made it sound like there was an "equipment malfunction" for one of the base drums. The base drum runs out of the end zone and into the formation, trips falling HEAD OVER HEELS into the turf! I thought he was seriously injured!! Then, a couple "paramedics" come onto the field and tote away the totalled base drum, made the entire stadium laugh. The DM then turned to salute the audience, then the entire corps played dead and the members who didn't tried to revive them with CPR. The DM played along got another rise out of the crowd.

Once the actual show got underway, it was a total blast. It's the most fun I've ever had watching a show in my 5-6 years watching corps. They played many classic tunes from their competitive days 26 years ago. After the show was "over," the corps rushed the stands and played another song. Wow. The crowd, already standing on its feet, went berserk! After that, they turned around as if the show was over, then turned back to the crowd and played ANOTHER song. They had the crowd in the palm of their hand. Great way to end the regional!

You have absolutely captured perfectly the dynamics that occurred last night in Allentown for the Bridgemen's performance. VERY perceptive.

It's the most fun I've ever had watching a show in my 5-6 years watching corps.

This sentence of yours says a PARAGRAPH about what happened there. A true communion occurred between performers and audience. This is a dynamic that every performer strives to achieve. I thank you for recognizing it and commenting on it.

They had the crowd in the palm of their hand.

Which is what EVERY entertainer strives for; .... and we did it! WOW! Thank you DCIGUY01 for capturing the emotions that many people felt last night.