Bridgemen Review?

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

come on Jeff..... we're still waiting for your review!!!

i got 4 other corps to do. i wrote you guys first :P

WOW.. from all the reviews and phone calls, the corps was ON FIRE !!!! sorry I missed this performance, but other duties called!!! !!

I am sure Allentown will never be the same // once again...

I am sure the DCA crowd will be salivatating over the next few weeks awaiting the Alumni Classic performance .... It is sure to be another "Knock em out... take no prisoners" performance !!

Hope to get a chance to see everyone during the weekend!

Edited by DCASouth

WOW.. from all the reviews and phone calls, the corps was ON FIRE !!!! sorry I missed this performance, but other duties called!!! !!

I am sure Allentown will never be the same // once again...

I am sure the DCA crowd will be salivatating over the next few weeks awaiting the Alumni Classic performance .... It is sure to be another "Knock em out... take no prisoners" performance !!

Hope to get a chance to see everyone during the weekend!

Hey Vic!

Yes, it was quite an extraordinary evening in Allentown! (and that's an understatement!) :o OMG!!!

We missed you, and wish that you could have been with us.

We're all looking forward to seeing you in Rochester!

It is truly going to be SPECTACULAR!!!

And, no, you can't play DM! ^0^

We really need for you to play snare! Someone's gotta keep an eye on Gary, right??? :worthy:

JJ

There are very few times in life where there are absolutely NO words to describe how you feel...last night was one of those moments...........can't wait till we meet again.

Kevin...

you said it.

There are no words to describe what we experienced in Allentown, this past Saturday night.

I just want to add a THANK YOU to everyone (past and present), in the Bridgemen organization that has made this dream of ours possible. I am truly BLESSED to be associated with such a wonderful group of human beings, and I am so very proud ( and also...BLESSED), to serve as one of the drum majors for the group that "hails from old Bayonne", along with my dear friend, and brother, John Richard. Ours is truly a TEAM effort, and we are fortunate to have such a special group of individuals that have collaborated to make the "Bridgemen Family" the amazing, and extraordinarily special entity that it is, and has always been! The dedication of all of our Bridgemen family members (past and present), is astounding, and the love, passion, and drive that everyone possesses are equally incredible!

I would also like to thank everyone in attendance, Saturday night in Allentown, for your HUGE outpouring of love, and support! You made my "job" (and John's) very easy, and I have never had more fun during a drum corps performance than I did with my Bridgemen brothers, and sisters during our 2006 DCI EAST performance! The level of energy, and love was higher than anything that I have ever experienced at any drum corps performance!

I am eternally grateful to each and every one of you, for touching my heart, and my soul, with yours, much like it was touched back in 1977.

Only this time, it was even more special.

It is great to be a Bridgemen. I love all of you.

Jim Jordan

Bridgemen Drum Major...1978, 1979, 1980, 2005, and 2006

a/k/a one very lucky guy!

yeah . . . i'm thinking it might have been a dream state.

hey anyone have a cure for this floating on air feeling? :worthy:

eh ~ don't worry about it. i haven't been this happy in ages. B)

What you wrote in your last sentence says it all. I'm so very happy for you and all that had the experience - both on the field and in the stands! Congratulations and

Stay happy!!! :)

The Bridgemen were by far the hit of the weekend. They played music people recognized, could remember when leaving the stadium and could get into. The crowd clapped along with the music, shouted "welcome back", and were on their feet over and over. There was an electricity in the air between the corps and the fans the likes of which I have not felt in years. Some people around me had tears in their eyes. More than one person was heard to say "why can't the corps today entertain the fans like this. We need a VK or Bridgemen type corps to bring some fun back into the shows". It was pure crowd pleasing entertainment and the crowd could not get enough of it. Here is one example of the type of emotion that existed last night. My wife and I were walking off the field toward the corps gate well after the Bridgeman had left the field. As we got around the goal posts a single Bridgemen horn player walked onto the field faced the stands, now empty, raised both arms and said "one more time". He then bent down and patted the turf. One more time indeed. We need more one more times like this. I suspect this was a night the Bridgemen corps members will not soon forget, neither will the fans and I know I won't. Thanks Bridgemen for your outstanding performance

This is alot like the way I felt watching the Santa Clara Vanguard alumni corps perform out west in 2002......or how I'm going to feel seeing the Madison reunion corps later this week. It's alot like how I felt seeing the Mighty St. Joes alumni in Buffalo one year. Or watching the Renegades perform in Scranton.

Man.......I need to see the Bridgemen....not just now.....but every summer.

And why can't the DCI corps connect with the audience and entertain anymore?

i stayed up til 230 for you guys.....you owe me :P

I'd like to personally thank the Bridgemen for their performance on Saturday night. This was the first time that I had ever seen the Bridgemen and you guys left a permanent impression on me. Thank you. The performance was inspiring and everything that you'd want to have in a drum corps show. As a side note, one of my former students nagged the Madison management about staying for this performance for three weeks. In the end, the men of Madison that chose to stay for the Bridgemen were thrilled beyond belief. Thank you for the highlight of the 2006 season. The Bridgemen will always be performing in my heart.

Carlito