Bridgemen Review?

I'd like to personally thank the Bridgemen for their performance on Saturday night. This was the first time that I had ever seen the Bridgemen and you guys left a permanent impression on me. Thank you. The performance was inspiring and everything that you'd want to have in a drum corps show. As a side note, one of my former students nagged the Madison management about staying for this performance for three weeks. In the end, the men of Madison that chose to stay for the Bridgemen were thrilled beyond belief. Thank you for the highlight of the 2006 season. The Bridgemen will always be performing in my heart.

Carlito

OH MY GOD !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! who'd a dunk it! Scout members that actually wanted to see the BRIDGEMEN PERFORM !!!!!

now that's impressive since probably everyone one marching in Madison was just a baby the last time we played a field show.

Now I'm really proud. Any other current DCI Corps members out there that decided to stay instead of get on the bus ?

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Crown kids I talked to seemed to dig it, as did Ben Harloff, one of their brass staff.

OH MY GOD !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! who'd a dunk it! Scout members that actually wanted to see the BRIDGEMEN PERFORM !!!!!

now that's impressive since probably everyone one marching in Madison was just a baby the last time we played a field show.

Now I'm really proud. Any other current DCI Corps members out there that decided to stay instead of get on the bus ?

I met the Madison visual staff in a bar at the rained out DCI show in Buffalo earlier this year and you are correct. The caption head was born in 1980 and the youngest of the five others I met was born in 1984. When they saw my Bridgemen jacket they asked me when I played and I said "now"! Some of them had heard a "rumour" that Bridgemen had started an alumni corps and based on the DVD's they had seen they were really anxious to see us perform. They were all great "kids". They were even kind enough to "pretend" that they had heard of De La Salle "Oaklands", a proud founding member of DCI, and finalists in 1972 and 1974.

you are very, very, VERY welcome. it IMO was an honor to do it. :laugh::laugh::laugh:

i still haven't stopped smiling. i think i still smiled while i slept. b**bs

I didn't think you slept Liz, thought you were hanging out at the after show party! Would love to see the rest of your Super Women outfit!!

Who cares how many points penalty for entertaining the crowd ???

That's why I pay to see drum & trumpet bands, to be entertained !!!!

I used to love to see drum & bugle corps but they don't exist any more, #### it !! :laugh::laugh:

Well you got to see one the other night. The Bridgemen play on G bugles!

An honor? AWESOME? That's very high praise. Thank you. Here's a thread from another Allentown topic.

QUOTE(Lancerlady @ Aug 5 2006, 11:28 PM)

So what did Bridgemen score. OOps wrong thread...

Just trying to lighten things up y'all are getting intense about these scores..

Nope, not a wrong thread at all. The Bridgemen actually received a two point penalty for playing complete musical presentations last night (w/verse, chorus, coda, and ending). Then they got another 2 pt penalty for actually laying down a GROOVE in percussion (time plus licks!). Finally, they got a 1 point penaly for actually making the (almost) the entire audience smile, and laugh, and genuinely enjoy THEMSELVES as they enjoyed the Bridgemen!

So if folks enjoyed it so much, then why isn't humor and comedy pursued and presented much more in our contemporary shows? Because you won't win with it? Win WHERE? In the scoresheets, or the minds and hearts of the audience?

QUESTION: Was their ANY humor/comedy pursued at all on Sat. in the Allentown performances? The only instance of humor and comedy programming I saw was in the RADIO segment of Crossmen's show. And, regardless of Crossmen's score and placement, the audience (not all, of course, but most) seemed to really buy and enjoy the effective and entertaining aspect of it. People all around me on the 50 yd line nodded, smiled, laughed, and appreciated the Crossmen's entertainment value. Please tell me, were there any OTHER instances of humor/comedy that I missed? (Aside from the tongue-in-cheek humor of the horsehead silks in BDs show!).

The Bridgemen were disqualified immediately after Saturday's performance.....supposedly overage (lol)....I think Phantom lodged the complaint 24 hours earlier....

not sure about how it was from the stands. but from the field..... IMO we all had a BLAST!!! as only one out of many. I personally want to thank the crowd that night for welcoming us home!!!! :sumo::laugh::laugh::laugh::huh::huh::wall:

It was tremendous to see the Bridgemen back on the field, and hear those great Kerchner/Delucia charts once again.........the crowd bought it totally (so did I), and brought back memories of when a corps used to be able to bring the house down, more than once, too, during a performance.........totally entertaining..........a memorable drum corps moment...........GB

The Bridgemen were disqualified immediately after Saturday's performance.....supposedly overage (lol)....I think Phantom lodged the complaint 24 hours earlier....

NONONONONONONO!!!!!!!!!!

lets not even start that whole thing!!!

We LOVE PR!!! and everyone else out there breaking their ### in the heat doing something they love!! We need nothing but love right now!!

I know its just a joke but NONONONONONO!!! :P