Official DCI Quarterfinals Cinecast Thread

Livonia, Michigan.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sacramento, California. Went last year too, and had a GREAT time! Almost as good as being at a show live. <almost>

Taking relatives from Japan, who have never even heard of drum corps - no way I'm missing my daughter on the big screen just because of company, right???? ... they seem really excited though.

As for when it's over, Cavaliers go on (west coast time) at 8:01, so should be over by 9pm if not sooner.

Edited by SopMom

Don't you just love showing foreigners these things?

I find it incredible that DCI can only find 2 theaters in a city of 4 million people that can do the quarterfinals movie theater thing. The two theaters aren't even really in Houston either, but in Katy ( Far West ) and Tomball, ( Far North ) which are nightmare drives through heavy Los Angeles style traffic at rush hour. Maybe I'd consider forking out the 18 bucks for Finals on a Saturday night, but not on a week night in Houston. There is a very large 24 screen movie complex down here in Webster-League City just a few miles away that carried the Preview a few months ago, but they aren't doing the quarterfinals show. Thanks DCI...........

Yeah, I never got that either. I would assume that they would choose theaters that may be where big music programs are since they may be more interested. I lived in Houston until recently, but I went to college in Huntsville, so I drove to Katy to see it, then I went home (which is in the Channelview area). Tomball makes sense for the programs out there like the Woodlands, but Katy groups aren't all that great. If you haven't been to the Katy theater, it's really nice and has plenty of room. I think it's worth the drive. Just take 610 up the I-10 West. The traffic isn't really that bad cause the theater isn't actually in Katy, it's like 5 minutes from 610 West.

I find it incredible that DCI can only find 2 theaters in a city of 4 million people that can do the quarterfinals movie theater thing. The two theaters aren't even really in Houston either, but in Katy ( Far West ) and Tomball, ( Far North ) which are nightmare drives through heavy Los Angeles style traffic at rush hour. Maybe I'd consider forking out the 18 bucks for Finals on a Saturday night, but not on a week night in Houston. There is a very large 24 screen movie complex down here in Webster-League City just a few miles away that carried the Preview a few months ago, but they aren't doing the quarterfinals show. Thanks DCI...........

DCI does not choose the theatres

The broadcast is available to the regal theatres. Its up to them to show it or not.

There are 3 theatres in my area, all within 15 minutes of my place that are showing it.

The one I went to last year even opened a second theatre when the first filled up.

I will be at Perimeter Pointe in Atlanta by the way.

I put off getting a ticket and payed the price of not being able to get in.

Two days ago the theater was half sold. Today the box office was sold out. Others did the same thing I did. I heard the theater that was used had 99 seats.

Oh well, I'm keeping track of things via DCP.

Edited by Kansan

Austin, Texas was also sold out. I had a ticket ordered so I went in and saw my son's corps. I left and there was a mother on the curb almost in tears because her daughter was about to perform and she couldn't get in. I gave her my stub and I hope she got in to see the performance. (Don't be judgemental--mothers have to stick together!) It would have been nice and profitable if the theater had opened another screen.

dks