Does tradition mean anything anymore?

Not too bright, are we?

innovation:

Noun

1. The act of introducing something new. 2. Something newly introduced.

Other forms

in'no·va'tion·al adj.

The main driver for innovation is often the courage and energy to better the world. Innovation has punctuated and changed human history (consider the development of electricity, steam engines, motor vehicles, et al).

You hardly answered his question ... one which I've also asked a few times this season. He didn't want a definition of the word "innovation," he asked for opinions on what makes Cadets '06 innovative, with the aside that amplified voice is nothing new. I mostly like their show, myself ... although I dislike their use of amplified voice ... but be that as it may, I don't see what all the fuss is about, pro or con.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

"Tradition ist schlamperei" - ("Sloppiness" or "creampuffs with jam and sprinkled sugar")

and

"Tradition is your last bad performance"

- - - -Gustav Mahler

"Respect the old, search for the new"

- - - Roksaburo Michiba

I think wisdom is sometimes found between the lines - depends on how hard you want to search and everyone - absolutely everyone - is entitled to their own tolerance level. DCI either survives or it doesn't. Same with "drum corps" - though the two are not synonomous.

regards - Jim

Wow. An Iron Chef Quote. Outstanding!

You hardly answered his question ... one which I've also asked a few times this season. He didn't want a definition of the word "innovation," he asked for opinions on what makes Cadets '06 innovative, with the aside that amplified voice is nothing new. I mostly like their show, myself ... although I dislike their use of amplified voice ... but be that as it may, I don't see what all the fuss is about, pro or con.

OPEN YOUR EYES IT IS REALLY QUITE OBVIOUS!