Best DM Ever

geoff christopherson- BD 99 the intensity on his face near the end is priceless

T.R. Fitz Gibbon- madison 99 great dm to me from whats shown on the video

by the way feel free to ignore this 99 produced 3 of my favorite shows from 3 of my favorite corps

i never knew this man as a drum major, but he was dm for cadets in 04. i was the drum major for capital this year and he was the visual cap head. all my votes go towards Matt Haines.

Whatever happened to the other drum major from 1996, Jenny Grice? I always thought she was the much cuter one of the pair. Never really got to see her conduct much, so I cannot comment on her skills there versus Kristi's...

...however, at last from what I personally observed and was told, Jenny was much nicer than Kristi was. Any idea where she is nowadays?

Jenny and I were in grad school together back in 1999-ish. She is an awesome person, conductor, and musician. Last I heard of her she was a band director in McKinney, TX. . .but that was a few years back.

Update: I just googled her and it seems she is now teaching oboe at Campbellsville U in KY.

Edited by TXMystreaux

From a purely "showman" perspective, I would also add Chad Humpal of the Freelancers (90-92?) to the mix. We couldnt ever keep his tempo as it was all over the place, but he had FANTASTIC hair (we're talking a proper bouffant!) and the girls loved him!

• Like 2

Joell ayllen- Oakland Crusaders 70's

A great person off the field. A great leader on the field!

As far as leadership I have to give a huge nod to Gerard Dwyer 79 & 80 DM of 2-7. He and we went thru a lot as I know many other corps did, but he was worth fighting for when it came time to do that! It was the type of thing, no Gerard, no drum corps.

Leadership personified!

From way back before DCI:

Scott Poulsen - Racine Kilties

All the Cap'n Crunches from Glendale Mariners

Greendale actually

Scotty Paulsen on the left, me on the right. Scotty Paulsen was my nickname when I first joined the Mariners.

scottydanny.jpg

Jim Piscitello, Capn Crunch for the Mariners in 72-74 and a member of DCP until his untimely death this past spring

capncrunch-1972.jpg

Me.