Best DM Ever

I'll pass this thread along to Bobby H. He wrote our drill this year for Music City Legend, and is a friend of mine. He now teaches at Ravenwood HS in Brentwood, TN where he's from.

Get me his autograph, will you?

Who was the drum major with SCV in the late 90's? I remember seeing him in 97 and he had that look of bad ###!

Go back to page one of the thread and you'll see the answer..One word....INTENSE...

....It's hard for an outside observer to get a real feel of how good a drum major is, at least in my opinion, based on 90% of a DM's responsibilies never make the field...

I agree. Conducting a show is about 2% of a DMs duties. I'll give props to Rob Starrett, the DM for the Crossmen in 86, 88 and 89. Stand up guy and all around good role model.

Side note: I took my 6 year old niece to the Bensalem show. When we were leaving a few DMs passed us in uniform. She said "Uncle Jon, those are the Constructors!", before I corrected her I thought for a second and said, "you know, your kinda right on that one."

drumhumorJonny :laugh:

Great choice. I wasn't sure Pete was DM in the " DCI " Troopers years. 'Thought he was the Troopers DM just prior to the formation of DCI. But time can blur the years. But if he was the Troopers DM in the DCI years, he'd definately get my vote.

He was the Troops DM in the 60's. By 72 he was an instructor...actually by 1970 at least. He taught Garfield along with Bobby Hoffman when I marched.

He was the Troops DM in the 60's. By 72 he was an instructor...actually by 1970 at least. He taught Garfield along with Bobby Hoffman when I marched.

I think Pete's last year marching was '68, maybe '67. I know he taught the Kingsmen at least one year before moving up to Santa Clara with Fred. Those two along with GR started the dynasty that is known as the Vanguard. Sadly of the three only Pete is still with us guiding another pretty good corps from Concord!