"LOUD IS GOOD CONTEST"

"LETS HAVE A WHO IS THE LOUDEST CONTEST"

I am fairly new to DCP! I have been out of drum corps for a very long time as well... So I am out of practice and should be pretty easy pickings for some of you long time marching studs and studettes out there. I have seen some posts regarding the volume levels of some of you folks out there in DCA land. I am here to challenge all of you to a LOUD OFF!!!! It will take place at DCA I&E and we will choose some impartial judges.

If you have got the stones to go up against me then BRING EM!!!! ^0^

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Rut Roh!!! Here we go!!!

^0^ ^0^ ^0^

Welcome to DCP!!!

"LETS HAVE A WHO IS THE LOUDEST CONTEST"

I am fairly new to DCP! I have been out of drum corps for a very long time as well... So I am out of practice and should be pretty easy pickings for some of you long time marching studs and studettes out there. I have seen some posts regarding the volume levels of some of you folks out there in DCA land. I am here to challenge all of you to a LOUD OFF!!!! It will take place at DCA I&E and we will choose some impartial judges.

If you have got the stones to go up against me then BRING EM!!!! ^0^

...Are you proposing a..."One-on-One? My buddy (whom we call "Laser Tone") might be interested. I can't speak for him but I'll mention it to him.

Loud is the one thing I do best, sometimes to the detriment of ensemble. But I would gladly participate in a Loud Off. :)

Which version of LOUD are you looking for?

.....Does tone quality or GOING OVER THE EDGE matter....?

( Has to be sightreading and the same music right?) Gotta be a standard for comparison.

Edited by melligene

All forms of loud ar good. Remember that this will be called the "LOUD IS GOOD" contest. Tonal quality is not of particular interest to me! It is all about the volume!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And yes it will be an individual contest... meaning that... The loudest person will be declared the "LOUD IS GOOD" champion for 2006!!!!!

Chris Nalls had a decible meter a couple years ago with a similar contest. If I'm not mistaken "Pooh Bear" sent the needle flying somewhere near the Italian Festival in downtown Scranton.

Chris Nalls had a decible meter a couple years ago with a similar contest. If I'm not mistaken "Pooh Bear" sent the needle flying somewhere near the Italian Festival in downtown Scranton.

Yes Doug,

Pooh Bear is exceptionally loud and has prooven himself worthy many times. I am an unprooven entity. My credentials are of course that I played in the same baritone line with Pooh Bear and did a pretty good job of drowning his sound out! That statement is up for debate.... Anyway the point is that there are a lot of people out there who just plain don't know what they are getting themselves into!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

See you at the "LOUD IS GOOD CONTEST"