"LOUD IS GOOD CONTEST"

Mine was 120....AND...I was the real winner!!! :P Chris just couldn't handle my horn so he went and got his....while I wasn't around......:lol:

Not only was Chris N pushed back a few feet....but suddenly, people coming up on the sidewalk were flying all over the place from the massive sudden explosion of air! :ph34r:

When I did DCM I&E, a month or so earlier, I was warming up like a couple blocks away and they sent someone to tell me to face away from the judging tent because I was drowning the folks who were performing at the time! Thing was though, I already was facing away!

Edited by FrankBeMe

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Mine was 120....AND...I was the real winner!!! :P Chris just couldn't handle my horn so he went and got his....while I wasn't around......:laugh:

Not only was Chris N pushed back a few feet....but suddenly, people coming up on the sidewalk were flying all over the place from the massive sudden explosion of air! :grouphug:

When I did DCM I&E, a month or so earlier, I was warming up like a couple blocks away and they sent someone to tell me to face away from the judging tent because I was drowning the folks who were performing at the time! Thing was though, I already was facing away!

Wait just a cotton pickin minute - of COURSE I had to get MY horn - it's not fair if I use someone else's horn - it had an entirely different feel to it than mine did!

and when I got MY horn, I beat you, Frank.

I'll be rehearsing the night of I&E's, so I won't be at the venue...but if you find Bush in the lot, I'll gladly punch out a couple of blasts for ya...it prolly won't be as loud though, since I play a Bb Euphonium now as opposed to a G Kanstul baritone...

OK, I've just conferred with Chris Nalls and he's jogged my memory. My decibel reading was actually 126.

(Chris had the db meter)

ALSO very believeable. Especially if he was holding it about the same distance he would hold a tunner.

I'll be there with mine. Hope to see you there. I'd love to meet you...AND YOUR VOLUME! :)

Honestly, guys, and no offense to anyone........ IMO, if Ruben Ariola (Sky Alumni, now with Brassmen Alumni) is not included in any loud-off (and throw in Walter Bruce from the Yankee Rebels, too, if he's still around).... then it ain't a contest.

Messrs. Ariola and Bruce are quite possibly the two loudest horn players I've ever heard. Over the years, I've literally heard both of them overpower their entire ensemble at times. And when you're singlehandedly overpowering an alumni corps ensemble that isn't too shy about "opening up".....that is very impressive! ^OO^

Fran

I'm in. Tell me when and where. I would ask that it be possibly later in the evening as I'm performing solo and in some ensembles, including chorus.