Media Pre-order is up!

Actually, the full bundle (all 24 Div I corps on DVD and CD) was around $160 last year I believe. But this year only the top 12 will be on the cds as the remaining corps will be on the seasonpass. :beer: <**> I understand the reasoning behind it, but definitely not happy about it.
I don't see where it says only the top 12 will be on the CD. Where do you see that?

From DCI.org:

Bundle package includes all Divison I 2006 World Championships DVDs and CDs.

Includes:

Division I DVD Volume 1

Division I DVD Volume 2; 13th-24th placing corps

Division I CD

Edited by boilerman_05

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks. Hmm, I'm thinking in another year or two they won't have the CDs at all and maybe just offer a deal where you can buy all the APDs for a special bundle price. CD's are becoming dated technology.

Not really. Digital music sales are a small fraction of total music sales. Most people like having an actual CD and being able to listen to it in CD players and rip it to whatever bitrate they want. I'll be pretty disappointed if I'm forced to download APD's and then convert one lossy format to another lossy format to play it on my ipod.

Not really. Digital music sales are a small fraction of total music sales. Most people like having an actual CD and being able to listen to it in CD players and rip it to whatever bitrate they want. I'll be pretty disappointed if I'm forced to download APD's and then convert one lossy format to another lossy format to play it on my ipod.

Perhaps DCI is considering what WGI is currently doing where WGI gives you the ability to create your own dvd. In DCI's case, it may apply to CD's as well.

I also find it disturbing that the CD's are only of the Top 12, regardless of which bundle you choose.

Edited by Wildabeast

I also find it disturbing that the CD's are only of the Top 12, regardless of which bundle you choose.

That was my thought also. They would be losing out on sales if they didn't have the Top 21. Like I said earlier, all we need to do is find someone (one or two) who downloaded a APDs of each show and forward copies to everyone. Therefore all thier sales are gone.

I think it is cheaper than last year. This year's DVD/CD bundle is only $109, I seem to remember it being $129 last year. this year that much money will get you the 13-23 DVD, as well, though the bundle with the CD is $139. That's what I'm getting, full Div I.

Edited by Maedhros