Quarterfinals random thoughts and observations

That's funny, I walked out of the stadium last night humming the Cavies show... and overheard someone else doing the same! The 5/4 section in part 2 (I think?) is really catchy.

I'll grant there are some places where the horns are just providing some auditory special effects to accompany the drill, but there's also a lot of solid, musical playing.

Thats fair enough. I have seen them a half dozen times (and really like the show) but can't remember 10 seconds of the music. It just doesn't stick like Regiment, BD, or even SCV

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmmmm, never knew Hopkins' daughter was alice....interesting . . .

Hmmmm, never knew Hopkins' daughter was alice....interesting . . .

Following in the footsteps of Bill Howard's daughter, perhaps?

Interesting coincidence at any rate ...

Likewise, I can't remember a thing the Cavies played, but I remember the drill. Luckily in today's DCI, cute drill moves mean more than serious music.

Hmmm...I can humm a lot of Cavies show this year for the first time outta all of their original compostion shows...their music is very strong this year, along with their drill...cute drill moves + good music are why they are in contention for another title...

That's what they get for having the hardest drill - by far - of any other corps this year - it's beyond them.

Add to that, I think their basics program is seriously lacking...yes the drill is VERY DIFFICULT, their technique is also seriously poor. A double whammy for Madison this year.

Hmmm...I can humm a lot of Cavies show this year for the first time outta all of their original compostion shows...their music is very strong this year, along with their drill...cute drill moves + good music are why they are in contention for another title...

Interesting opinion. I feel that Four Corners and Frameworks had the best hooks of the originals.

I think this is what makes our activity very unique and enjoyable...everyone has preferences as to what they think works, and what they like...

Studio Tan - we see and hear things differently, but neither opinion is wrong...very cool, IMHO.