Vanguard horn player doing a lap around the field

From what I understand, he is a multiyear age out who got injured and wasn't able to perform the show to the fullest like therest of the corps, so instead of replacing him, they made him into the idea of mr moto or whatever he is known as. I haven't seen the show since they added him doing that, but I like the fact that they kept him on. Sure, not how I would want to march my last season, but I would still want to march. Maybe it won't be as distracting knowing why he's there.

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Only a few more days of explaining this on a nigh-daily basis!

Until the DVDs come out, that is.

I didn't find him distracting at all. He merely marches the pirimeter of the field at a slow even pace. Only at the very end of the show does he come onto the field and enteract wtih the corps. He's not wandering around on the field in the way of anything.

I thought it was cool.

He must be playing some of the show. His horn goes up and down with the other sops. Near the end of the show when the corps is really spread from end zone to end zone I'm sure he was playing, and earlier along the fornt side line. Not sure about when he's not close to the horn line to blend and be in time with them.

Before I saw them I heard all about it. Then when they came on the field I forgot and never even noticed. I guess it was not distracting to me in the least.

Man, some of you have weak attention spans if one kid on the sideline can distract you. Heh.

lol!

What did Mr Moto say in the interview last night anyway? I missed the cinecast.

lol!

What did Mr Moto say in the interview last night anyway? I missed the cinecast.

The interview was pretty funny. First of all, he had his aussie so low you never got a glimpse of his eyes. Then he proceeded to answer questions in an almost tripped-out way (being mysterious in a true Vanguard fashion if you ask me) and basically explained that he was meant to represent perpetual motion and that yes, his moves are planned out and he doesn't just make them up. What a bad###.

Edited by gotbones3

Hmm.. I dunno. When I saw them in Boise, I glanced at him for about 5 seconds, then focused my attention back on the show.

Same here...it's not like he was doing backflips...he was marching ever so slowly. I glanced at him periodically, just to view his progress around the field, then...back to watching the show. Not distracting at all, or at least no more distracting than watching a solo guard dance.

The member portraying Mr. Moto did, indeed, have an accident during rehearsals that made it impossible for him to play the show. However, rather than cutting him, Corps Director Jeff Pearson decided (when it was discovered that he could still march) to keep him on and created the character that the corps had only conceived.

Pretty creative, and very much in keeping with the shows theme, Moto Perpetuo.

The member portraying Mr. Moto did, indeed, have an accident during rehearsals that made it impossible for him to play the show. However, rather than cutting him, Corps Director Jeff Pearson decided (when it was discovered that he could still march) to keep him on and created the character that the corps had only conceived.

Pretty creative, and very much in keeping with the shows theme, Moto Perpetuo.

Is he the same guy who used to do a column on dci.org? Though I thought he played mellophone...