Crossmen changed my mind

I suppose, but it just seems so corny to me. Like the Blue Devils last year, as if going "and here's a couple from Naperville!" was going to make me connect with a 1920s dance contest that didn't play 1920s dance music, and was backwards, but wasn't really backwards, because they were still moving forward and talking forward. I don't like when they do it in musicals, or plays, or drum corps shows. It's just a real groaner for me. Personal preference, of course.

So you don't like it?

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think you like me.

LOL. . .I don't know you beyond what you post on this forum.

I totally agree...Crossmen did it right (IMHO)...especially with the fast station switches (favorites were the Spanish station, and the all-sports)...

Now, regarding Blue Stars...vocal were definitely heavy, and not necessary.

BTW, did anyone else find it ironic that they showed the past Boston performance, and they told their story with dialog written on banners, instead of through a microphone?

Honestly, it didn't change my mind. I still don't like the mic'd voice. To me it takes away from the rest of the performance of the corps and just comes off as cheesey...cheeezy... you know what I mean. By the way, that's "corps" in general, not just the Crossmen. I won't go into another certain corps performance.

I've said it before, I've pretty much gotten used to an amped pit and agree that it has enhanced some shows. I just can't say the same for the mic'd voice. I've tried to listen. Really, I have. I just don't feel it adds anything.

Can't remember it in Boston's show. With Cavies, I believe they were "bowing" the keyboards to make that effect. It's been done before but I haven't heard it for awhile.