Congratulations Fever Colorguard

If someone wants to browse From the Press Box more thoroughly, they can; but I believe Fever's 18.6 last night ties the highest DivIII guard score awarded ever since the caption was officially scored in 2000. Congratulations!!!

I would love to hear any reviews from anyone who's actually seen their colorguard. There's been scant little said about them, but I imagine they must've been very good.

Also, having also come from a corps proper who placed 5th on Thursday night, also with a similarly ranked/scored colorguard, I really do hope they have the caption award system fixed so these kats get the recognition they deserve. Maybe it's because it's a little personal and I really hope they'd have the problem fixed by now, but it really does hurt to win your caption at prelims and semis by a wide margin, only to not get the caption award because the rest of the corps couldn't finish in the top 3 to advance to finals. Either way, congratulations Fever on an excellent placement and regardless of whether you get the plaque or not, you can still consider yourselves the best colorguard in DivIII.

I saw them both performances, the triad was there, baby!! It was a well deserved reward for some hard working kids.

Agreed! Having seen them at Precision West/Moonlight Classic and then Championship week...they came a long way!

And to the guard: enjoy the needle & thread!

Hugs...

MAV

• 1 year later...

they shattered their own record more than once this year

You can thank Shavon Garcia(corps director) for the guard. lol

FEVER was awesome this year!

Until I saw FEVER's show at Elk Grove this year, I didn't consider Div II/III (now Open Class) "real" Drum Corps. They totally changed that! I remember half way through the show thinking, "holy crap - how could I have been so stupid!" Their guard was AWESOME.

Thanks FEVER for helping me see the error of my ways and helping me become an Open Class fan & supporter!!

• 1 month later...

omg bein in the guard was amazin experience!!!!

especially since it was my first year ever bein in a drumcorps!!!

All i hope is that people realize that division 3 corps can be just as amzin as other corps and i can't wait for the 2008 season!!!