Live from the pressbox! DCI FINALS

Blue is going pretty good with some strange visual weirdness that I haven't seen...but the crowd is right behind them 100%

• Replies 637
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

DOH!!

Well anyway I knew it wouldn't take long

It's all good.

As an aside, '87 and '88 were my first two years of paying attention to drum corps. At the time, I just assumed that the same 12 corps always made Finals, because I didn't know any better. I actually thought of Sky Ryders and Bluecoats as "last place" corps. "Why do they do the same thing every year? No wonder they're in last place!" I was misinformed, obviously. The last nail in that coffin was not making Finals in '90....

Just posted a new video - asking folks who their favorite corps might be. Some interesting answers!

Click the link below and then the video link at the top of the page.

And folks...just so you know...Cozy is being VERY mean to me right now bagging on what is OBVIOUSLY the world's greatest shirt...

You know Cozy, jealousy is an UGLY thing...

Blueeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!! Yeah visually...hmmmm...but musically kickin' it real nice

Edited by Ryan H. Turner

Sorry, gang...but, I do believe (and I've been a big fan all year) Bloooo peaked way too early and are falling fast...too bad, cause I thought this show was going to be a top 3 show...

Great effect with the straps that really DISAPPEAR very quickly...neat effect...crowd is REALLY eating this up...

the straps are a great bit...but, when done, the members can't seem to get them back into their uniforms...

All dem white/red flags exploded out of the center towards the front sideline. Excuse me, drum soli...

...Wow! Loved the battery and pit. High brass riffs. Gawd, how I love high notes...in tune. Delivered.

Like a DCAssociates corps, the Bluecoats have lotsa solos. Hard to keep up with all of them.

Some super busy flags now...."Whoooooooooa!" Spandex stretchies twang...Now, strong chord ends that motif. Time to ballad us now.

Wow, those baris! Listen: