Thoughts on Finals!

Who won the Spirit of Disney Award? Maybe I should do as search and not be so lazy? :P

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually, they did boo BK didn't they? If you boo because the group below them didn't place high enough, then your booing for the corps that beat them aren't you. Sad, because the people that booed probably didn't even think of what they were implying. Yes, Crown has a good brassline, but as Regiment learned, you can only get so far by being good in brass.

However, I was not a fan of BKs show (actually, to be honest I don't really care for the corps shows), but Crown didn't exactly have an amazing show this year either. I'm not sure what, but it just seemed to lack something that they've had the last few years.

Who won the Spirit of Disney Award? Maybe I should do as search and not be so lazy? :P

The Cavaliers - my buddy who was in Madison called me and let me listen to the scores live last night (thank you John!)

Nobody could take it away from you because you deserved to be champs. Madison '88 was how I got my interest started start into drum corps. I just hope that everyone who booed realized how classless it was to do so. Those 16- 21 year old kids busted their AS### off and didn't deserve that. if you didn't like the judging ok, but to boo? Rude and obnoxious come to mind!!!

Wes Perkins

Bk '97 '98

No, it wasn't classless, rude or obnixious at all. The score and placement for Carolina Crown was booed briefly, but followed immediately by a prolonged standing ovation that lasted through BK's score announcement. Crown clearly got the message that the crowd thought they were robbed.

No, it wasn't classless, rude or obnixious at all. The score and placement for Carolina Crown was booed briefly, but followed immediately by a prolonged standing ovation that lasted through BK's score announcement. Crown clearly got the message that the crowd thought they were robbed.

I just know that one of my son's first comments after getting off the plane this morning was about getting booed by 25,000 people!!

However, it didn't ruin his exhilaration over the great show and effort that the Blue Knights had at Finals!

dks

Quick thoughts about finals:

First of all: Madison had a magic unlike Boston or Denver. I walked away from both of those shows slightly entertained, whereas Saturday I was thrilled by nearly every corps' performance.

Cavies: The only entertainment value this show had was cool robot gimmicks/visuals. Other than that it bored me. The robot gimmicks were really cool though.

Phantom: They came on hard Finals night. I never enjoyed Ave Maria until Saturday, and they hit their impact points like nothing else. I'm still not sure how much I like their show, but they turned me into a fan for that one night.

BD: I'm an unabashed BD fan, so all I'm going to say is that I thought their show was completely bad***.

Bluecoats: Great show. A little safe, but very well-performed and entertaining.

Cadets: Didn't like some of the changes they made to the beginning and end, but still liked the show.

SCV: The guy that marched slowly around the field the whole show was completely bad***. What a great way to get an injured member into the field show anyway. The end of their show blew my mind.

BK: Show was alright.

Crown: Awesome, awesome hornline.

Madison: Visual demand was near the top for the night. Probably while they struggled. Enjoyed it a lot more than 04 or 05: just wish they would figure out a way to end a show without a huge sustained chord while halted.

Boston: I liked this show from the beginning.

Glassmen: The "Beethoven Goes Deaf" part was one of the most interesting and unique moments this season.

Spirit: Awesome bari soloist.

Edited by TSRTS13

No offense to the people that posted their predicted top 12 for next year but the only time the Blue Devils weren't in the top 5 was their first year, so don't get your hopes up when you're trying to slot them as 7 and 8. Not to mention their show this year could have easily won first place, so they're certainly not on the way down.

WES: I guarantee I didn't boo... and now you see my frustration with the remarks made this year loudly about the Cadets. I said before and I will say again, the only corps that is ever entirely happy with their score and placement is called... CHAMPION. Everybody else and their fans will say they belonged in a different spot. Anybody in top 12 complaining should be automatically placed 13th and see how the Colts feel.

I just know that one of my son's first comments after getting off the plane this morning was about getting booed by 25,000 people!!

However, it didn't ruin his exhilaration over the great show and effort that the Blue Knights had at Finals!

dks

Isn't that a shame...I only saw BK on the large screen at 1/4's, but I loved their show...your son should be proud to have belonged to such an amazing corps.

Tell him this oldtimer who started marching in 1964 said so! :)

No offense to the people that posted their predicted top 12 for next year but the only time the Blue Devils weren't in the top 5 was their first year, so don't get your hopes up when you're trying to slot them as 7 and 8. Not to mention their show this year could have easily won first place, so they're certainly not on the way down.

Right, and before last year, SCV had never placed so low. Ever.

Things can happen. Don't ever bank on ANYTHING.