MADISON SCOUTS OR MADISON ALUMNI

To stay on topic, I agree with those who have said that our product shouldn't necessarily be compared with that of our younger brothers. Different people will get different things out of each show. I just hope most people were entertained by both groups. I was!!!!

whats up JS! Let me tell you all about Jon:

- AWESOME snare drummer

- Great guy... very friendly

- Always has a smile for ya and an encouraging word

- very pretty wife... probably too good for him

- He's one of those guys you HATE because he looks good even after 10 run throughs on a hot sweaty day. His hair stays perfect, his cloths stay pressed...

- I hate him.

NAWWWWWWWWW :P LOVE FOR YA BROTHER... Thanks for a great "season" in our line!!! Both tours!!

Madtownjon would be the good lookin' guy in the center (sorry girls...he's married) between Scott Pearsony (who looks like that all the time) & Joey B ...

100_2120.jpg

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Granted the Madison Scouts and other top corps are better marchers and better players. But recognize that the Alumni Corps had less that 75 hours of practice. Can any other group claim so much bang-for-the-buck?

What is more important to me is the style of music played by the Alumni Corps -- which was entertaining and appreciated by the audience, and unlike the crap being played by all of the top 12 corps. Talk about same old, same old. . . I really couldn't tell one program from another. DCI has collectively laid a rotten egg.

Jon

MS Alumni

Granted the Madison Scouts and other top corps are better marchers and better players.

I'll agree to the marching, but not the playing. Most of us (allow me to speak for the horns) would say we're better musicians now at forty or fifty than we were at twenty. Drillwise, I got stuck between a couple of professional musicians. Talk about intimidating (albeit enjoyable).

Please don't misunderstand me and think I want to perpetuate any comparisons - Jr. and Alumni are two different things entirely. I just don't understand how no one is realizing that most horn players keep playing and getting better. That was was one obvious advantage that we DID have!

Edited by MadScout80

I found myself enjoying madison Alumni corps more than the junior corps.

What do you think?

If the question was" who is technically better ?" that's an easy one.... Madison '06. But your question was " who was more exciting ?". That's also a no brainer..... Madison Alumni Project.

Edited by X DM

Well...thank you, thank you for that. But let's be realistic here... we had nostalgia, size and sound on our side. But the little brothers

had us by 1,000 miles in everything else. They marched more in their first two minutes than we did in our whole show. Those current Madison

Scouts were the most impressive, terrific and respectful guys one could imagine. My hats off to them all in a big way...

We made it a point to represent... and we did just that. It was awesome from our side of the front line looking at the crowd as well.

And Tom Brace... you are correct. It has always been... this is a ONE time deal. It could never work again logistically or realistically.

It required all the planets aligning just so (which they did) and an extreme effort and time commitment from those that put it together. The guys

who participated in the project had to use vacation time, family time, sick days and called in family favors to make it all work right.

We did it...we will stop there and quit while we are on top of our game. There is NO talk of doing it again... none.

The only thing that won't stop... for a while anyway... will be the talk about it. And if there are a few who are sick of hearing about it...too bad.

Don't click on the thread if you don't want to read or hear about it. It was the coolest thing I have ever done in my drum corp experience!!

100_0084.jpg100_0089.jpg

:lol::lol:.....great to see the contrast between the old an new, especially in those photos....can't wait to do it in 2007 in Pasadena with the Kingsmen....agreed....a once in a lifetime experience

100_0089.jpg

I like this photo over the re-use of the June Bar photo... Is this payment for the recent video credit? nudge nudge ;) ;) know what I mean?

I like this photo over the re-use of the June Bar photo... Is this payment for the recent video credit? nudge nudge ;) ;) know what I mean?

I DO ... I DO know what you mean... and yes I appreciate that mucho much. I cracked up hard when I saw that.

glad you liked that, Joe. Here's the other half for you to brighten up as well (Thanks!!)

BTW... the Madison 06 tenor drummer on the left is DCP'er "Jofus" ... he looks JUST LIKE his avatar!!

100_0088.jpg