DIV I CDs!

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't disagree with you Matt. I just don't see the death of CD's just yet. How many people have CD players in their cars, as opposed to MP3 players? Same for home systems? Why stop making a format that is still widely used, accepted, and installed in most listening equipment that people use (and on the market), in favor of a new technology exclusively (emphasis on the exclusive point here for the non-finalists)?

If you want anything other than the Finalists, you have to do it yourself (i.e., download, potentailly reformat, burn CD's, upload, etc.). There are a lot of people that simply won't do this.

I also agree with you mostly. Certainly I still use CDs when I'm in the car - though I do use my MP3 player almost everywhere else. But it took me five minutes to burn the San Antonio APDs onto a CD. Jeff said he even offered to do all the work for his father, and simply hand him the tracks on a CD. So what's so evil about an APD? I guess my beef is that I can't understand the criticism of APD vs. CD. If you're unwilling to do the simple work of making your own CD, you have no one to blame but yourself.

How is revenue distributed from the sales of CDs to the corps? Is it given equally to those on the CD itself, or to all member corps. Of is there a tiered level of distribution based on where you placed?

I am ignorant about this.

I can't believe this is such a big deal. They're all still available. CD's are going slowly going away. Since digital music has come around, CD sales are down. Shame on DCI for using current technology and not wasting money on making extra CD's that will sit in inventory for years.

It's not a big deal, just like about 95% of everything else on forums. It's just a group of people chatting when they should be working. That's something that could go on my pet-peeve list: when someone does a "drive-by" and throws their "moral wet-blanket" on a discussion (however pointless that discussion is).

Edited by Granny Smith

Not that I'm going to order the 13-24 CDs, but, I feel that if DCI is going to offer them only as APDs, they should offer them in a format better than 192kbps. They need to be lossless. That's not fair.

FLAC, anyone?

FLAC, anyone?

w/Stp: , 'cept that's not stupid at all.

Matt, I ordered mine on the 9th also and just got my email confirmation this morning. Did you ever get yours?

Mine will arrive the 24th...I want them NOW.

Hmm. As of this morning I had not, wont' be able to check that E-mail again until I get home from work. I did just log onto DCI.org, though, and they still list the order, with the status that it has been submitted for processing. I'm willing to wait (especially cause I've got some great stuff arriving from Amazon in the next day or two), I just want to make sure that nothing gets lost.