When will the Bluecoats win their championship?

When will the bluecoats win their championship?  

221 members have voted

1. 1. What year will it be

• 2010+
    • Never

It's interesting to see if it will happen.

Being in the "top 4" and the direction they're going seems like there might be a ring in the future

Look where that has gotten the Phantom Regiment though. A solid finalist corps for 33 years, and still the bridesmaid. Top 4 predicts nothing.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Look where that has gotten the Phantom Regiment though. A solid finalist corps for 33 years, and still the bridesmaid. Top 4 predicts nothing.

They will win DCI when Cadets, Blue Devis, Cavies, and Phantom are no longer around!!!!!! Or when pigs fly, which ever comes first. :worthy:

It's interesting to see if it will happen.

Being in the "top 4" and the direction they're going seems like there might be a ring in the future

In 1975 it was said they would never win the state contest and beat Marion but in 77 they proved them wrong.In 83 when they folded for the second time they said they will not be back and in 84 they cme back and you heard they will never make the big show.When they fell out of finals everyone said they will not be back.This year everyone was saying they peacked to early they will not make top 4.Now people say they can't win the ring well i for one beleive.

Carl

In theory it could happen anytime. My own feeling is that they will probably need some consistency in the top 3 or 4 before a championship run happens. If they finish top 4 again next year that would be a huge step in the right direction. If they drop below 5th then they have the "appearance" of being a good mid-tier corps but not a serious threat to the current dominant group of corps. In my opinion the management and staff is the key to creating that consistency. If they can continue to keep all the key people who put together this season and supplement or fill vacancies with even better and more creative minds then it could come sooner rather than later.

Im gonna say 2009. I will also say the will have a top 3 finish before then too.

After 86 and 87, I thought for sure Cavaliers would win in 88, only to drop back to 5th. Then, after 90 (when I thought they should have won), I thought for SURE they would win in 91, just to get 2nd again. It ended up being 6 years before they won that title after the first year in the top 3.

After 99 Glassmen, I thought for sure they were going to take a shot at the title. I blame their fall (in 00) on bad programming (uncharacteristic for the corps and NOT a direction I felt they should have gone).

In my opinion, Bluecoats can do it if they are extremely smart about programming. They also really need an Adam Sage/Scott Chandler/Andy Toth to take over the guard to separate them from BK, Crown, etc in guard.

Is there a corps since the inception of DCI that has made top 4 and not gone on to win a title at some point? I know there have been plenty of 5th place corps like that, but not sure about 4th place corps.

Duh, forgot about 27th. They sinished 4th 3 times. Forgot. Anybody else?

Muchachos. Spirit of Atlanta. Bridgemen. Troopers. Blue Stars.

Bluecoats need to stop playing by the rules and give themselves a bigger challenge if they ever want to win it and not just finish well. I said it about this year but I believe it's been true for several years, that they program a middle tier show. They never push themselves to be as creative as the competition at the top, and as much as we don't like to admit it, show design is the element that separates the best from the rest.

They know how to march and play. Now they need to figure out how to program to dominate.

Edited by mobrien