Great Big Minnesota Weekend

Guse

Minnesota spread a lot of drum corps love this weekend. 2 shows, 2 days, 1 big party, and a heck of a good time. Much love to Frontier, I hope Bob was as good to you as he is to us. And much love to MN brass for making it a 2 show weekend. Looked to me that DCA/C is gaining strength and hopefully adding more shows next year, let's make it happen. Have a great interim, and I look forward to seeing everyone in Rochester. Thanks for an awesome weekend!

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yesyesyesyesyes! This weekend felt AWESOME! The juniors may be done, but I'm sooooo glad to keep on marching 'till the very end of the summer!

My only regret is that I didn't ever find Ed (camel_lips) to say "hi". He's always got great comments on DCP...

Edited by CallipygianKing

What a fun weekend. Everyone was great! Two days of fun in the sun. This drum corps stuff is the best entertainment value around (the people aren't too bad either).

Guse, you’re a ROCK STAR!

Much love right back from at least this member of Frontier.

This weekend we have two more shows to polish things up a bit and work towards a few more points in prep for Rochester.

Thanks to everyone for making it such a great trip.

2 Very well run shows. Appreciative audiences. AND MUCH BETTER WEATHER THAN TEXAS IN AUGUST

and yeah..

I heart Govies (thanks for all your help, the bus and the equipment!)

Chris,

Now let's be fair. I wouldn't say the weather in Minnesota is better than the weather in Texas.

You have to qualify it.

Yes, for marching drum corps the weather was absolutely awesome. Though it was a bit nippy so we had to spend a little exra time stretching before rehearsal. And it was a good fifteen minutes before the blood really got moving.

But, Texas weather is a whole lot better than Minnesota...

Provided, of course, you want to use your car as an oven to bake cookies. It's a nice treat being able to get to rehearsal, put uncooked cookies in the car... By lunch break you've got tons of fresh cookies for the corps to enjoy.

And the bonus is that you don't have to spend money on air freshener for the car.

Nippy? You should be up here trying to march parades in Feb and March. It's tought trying to play a frozen horn!

Although the part about baking cookies in your car sounds tempting........Texas next year?

Hey Dickballs!!!! Your Pattymelts sucked!!! KIDDING of course. Kudos to the people slaving away in the kitchen, making sure everyone had food while sacrificing your chance to party with everyone else. You guys rule!!!!

You have no idea how "nippy" it gets here in the winter. You can make ice cream in your car. Go to rehearsal with a quart of cream in your car and afterwards a frosty treat. Hint: bring the chocolate sauce into rehearsal or it'll freeze as well.

Loved having everyone in the insanity we call Patrick's. Please come back again!

Like I'm constantly reminding people in my corps...

Dallas is the farthest NORTH I've ever lived in my life.

So, to say that I'm a little used to it being hot AND humid is an understatement. Thus, 70 degrees or lower qualifies as nippy to me... Especially if there is a breeze. 50 degrees is downright miserable.

And if there is frozen water on the ground you better have a darned good reason or else I'm not leaving the warmth of my house and spot right in front of the fireplace.

Edited by Aggie Dan