Great Big Minnesota Weekend

Guse

you wouldn't believe how miserable it was up here the last 2 weekends in July. I was a little taken back being chilly both nights in the evening. The weather was perfect. You know us Minnesotans, always with the weather small talk...

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

oops, see below...

Edited by Roark1

And if there is frozen water on the ground you better have a darned good reason...

We drill holes through that so we can go fishing...really...I am not kidding. It's fun!

No, no, no, no no.

Fishing has to be done on a slow summer day where all you have to do is lean back on the dock in a lawn chair and occassionally cast out.

Besides, ice kills fish. At least it does in Corpus Christi.

Yesyesyesyesyes! This weekend felt AWESOME! The juniors may be done, but I'm sooooo glad to keep on marching 'till the very end of the summer!

My only regret is that I didn't ever find Ed (camel_lips) to say "hi". He's always got great comments on DCP...

Wow......A fan

Or are you a stalker??// :P :P :P :P

I just got back home after this LONG weekend.

I was at both shows.Sorry I missed you.

Saturday I was helping at the MCL souive booth and barking at spectators to come get some pizza.If you herd the words yelled out,,"Pizza,,,get your hot Pizza."Well that was me.

Sunday was a very bad day.First the MCL 4 wheeler (which is owned and maintained by yours truly) decided to take a crap.Trying to fix it and rehearse in the morning was stressful enough,,then I had to go and get a bad reaction from the medications I recently went on.I was the one being carried off the field after MCL's run on Sunday by my fellow corps mates Regi and Rob.Thanks guys for taking such good care of me.

I had planed on going to the party at Patricks but our rehearsal site was over 2 hours away (round trip).With a 12am imposed curfew and not being able to leave until 9:30pm that would not have left very much time to enjoy the fellow ship.

Hope to meet you in Rochester.Ill be there wearing a Burgundy Uniform during the day,,and at night Ill be wearing my "the sopranos " T-shirt or my "beer delivery guy" T-shirt.

Edited by camel lips

Saturday I was helping at the MCL souive booth and barking at spectators to come get some pizza.If you herd the words yelled out,,"Pizza,,,get your hot Pizza."Well that was me.

Nope... I got to the souvie booths before the show. MCL's wasn't set up before I had to start suiting up, otherwise I'd have bought a lapel pin for my jacket. I did jump on a random bus that was parked behind our truck on Sunday... Didn't know what corps it was, but all I said was have a safe trip. It was fantastic the long haul that you guys all made. More corps=better shows. It was a real treat!

Nope... I got to the souvie booths before the show. MCL's wasn't set up before I had to start suiting up, otherwise I'd have bought a lapel pin for my jacket. I did jump on a random bus that was parked behind our truck on Sunday... Didn't know what corps it was, but all I said was have a safe trip. It was fantastic the long haul that you guys all made. More corps=better shows. It was a real treat!

If you were the guy that got on our bus and somebody yelled an obscenity at you (I wasn't there but heard about it) I want you to know that we are VERY sorry about that. The offending party is not a member of our corps and was given a severe reprimand. We very much appreciate the help that you guys gave us and look forward to seeing you in Rochester.

Edited by MCL_Contra

It was TWENTY DEGREES in Dallas on January 1st, 1989, when I marched the Cotton Bowl Parade with the Drum Corps Midwest Y'all Stars.

What was with that???

It was TWENTY DEGREES in Dallas on January 1st, 1989, when I marched the Cotton Bowl Parade with the Drum Corps Midwest Y'all Stars.

What was with that???

Same in 88 ... or was it 87? Either way, my sunscreen froze :drool:

That was a freak occurrence, I assure you.

But, I was still in high school in the Corpus Christi area, so I can't really talk about how bad the weather was this far north that many years back.