Div II/III Scoring from the past

Hopefully this will make sense: Today in 2/3, the corps are scored on the same 'sheet' so a corps score can be compared across divisions, ie: a division 2 corps with an 80 has a lower score than a division 3 corps with an 81. Now, my question is, back in the day, early 90s, was this the same way? I was looking thru my DCI program from some years ago and saw that on a couple of occasions, the D 3 champ had a higher score than the D 2 champ ('97 for example). No offense to the D 3 champ, but I found that hard to believe considering the level of the scores (mid 90s) and the obvious size difference. Does someone have any insight? Thanks!

There was a difference between II/III in the 90's, scores were not comparable across divisions like they are today.

I personally think Memphis Sound had an outstanding plate line....I know they've received numerous compliments from many other "plate folk".

Tyler man you replied to the wrong THREAD!!

:P

When did the scoring change happen, if you look at corpsreps it has Mandarins and ECJ beating Spartans in 97, which confuses me.

Thecorps were all on the same norm. Mandarins were the top scoring corps in Div 2/3 that season. They deserved it.

quote name='Latrobe's Finest' date='Aug 22 2006, 01:17 PM' post='1550100']

Hopefully this will make sense: Today in 2/3, the corps are scored on the same 'sheet' so a corps score can be compared across divisions, ie: a division 2 corps with an 80 has a lower score than a division 3 corps with an 81. Now, my question is, back in the day, early 90s, was this the same way? I was looking thru my DCI program from some years ago and saw that on a couple of occasions, the D 3 champ had a higher score than the D 2 champ ('97 for example). No offense to the D 3 champ, but I found that hard to believe considering the level of the scores (mid 90s) and the obvious size difference. Does someone have any insight? Thanks!

i thought the 2/3 scoring sheet was balanced late 80s. So any time in the 90s if a d3 was higher than a D2, its because they were better. But thats only true from the same show, because of DCM. Yes alot of corps not in DCM had higher scores than those in DCM till thier finals, then everyone was separated into D2/3 and D1 sheets. I loved DCM where D3 corps sometimes beat D1 corps on the same sheets. It was fun to know it was on a level scoring field then and that when DCM tour was over and you got on 2/3 sheets your score jumped like 8-10 points in a day or 2.