PR announces administrative change!

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Parades in four years" - this kind of rumor spreading is just not right, at all. Please back up with some facts, and don't hide behind 3rd party b.s.

The tone of the press release leads me to believe that PR wanted Pat Seidling gone. Otherwise, I think it would've read more like "Seidling chose to pursue other interests."

I can't fathom how PR wouldn't re-hire Seidling if he wanted to be there or not respect him enough to make it sound like he wanted to leave if it was his choice.

Perhaps Phantom has forgotten what he's done for that corps.

I was kinda shocked by this decision. :( I'm just a little puzzeled by the reasoning or lack thereof about this. Pat took PR to heights that they hadn't experienced in awhile. Hopefully the culture and standards he put in place and nutured will remain. I will say that with Rick Valenzuela in place , I think the PR is in good shape and I do hope that Pat pops up somewhere (preferably Madison b**bs ).

Jim Wolf

71-77 NJ Black Watch

The tone of the press release leads me to believe that PR wanted Pat Seidling gone. Otherwise, I think it would've read more like "Seidling chose to pursue other interests."

I can't fathom how PR wouldn't re-hire Seidling if he wanted to be there or not respect him enough to make it sound like he wanted to leave if it was his choice.

Perhaps Phantom has forgotten what he's done for that corps.

I doubt that very much.

From what I've been able to piece together, Pat's actually going to go have a life. I heard he's getting married (there's a mention of it in the booster area of the website); he took some time off this summer, for what I imagine is preparing for his big day. And let's be honest here...managing a corps for a number of years is hard work and perhaps less financial reward than he might like. Who knows. I do know I wrote him a thank you e-mail and it bounced from a full inbox. I just got married last year and I know how immense preparations can be.

I sort of figured the hiring of some significant "extra" managerial firepower as a development director signaled a transition period. You see it in organizations that have good understanding of nonprofit management and the time and effort it takes to bring along new people into the role they will play.

I strongly believe that the move is amicable, on both Pat's part and Regiment's part.

Just some thoughts.

Edited by festive

Some fun fodder re. Pat's future in drum corps management:

POSSIBILITY 1:

He replaces Salas at Scouts (of course, that's been hashed around already)

POSSIBILITY 2:

I read somewhere that CapReg needs someone with some management capabilities.... :)

POSSIBILITY 3:

After placing 5th in 2006, Cadets announce that Pat Seidling is coming on board with Cadets as "director of development and special projects". No one should construe this as the beginning of a transition period of any sort.... B)

Edited by hughesmr

I was kinda shocked by this decision. :( I'm just a little puzzeled by the reasoning or lack thereof about this. Pat took PR to heights that they hadn't experienced in awhile. Hopefully the culture and standards he put in place and nutured will remain. I will say that with Rick Valenzuela in place , I think the PR is in good shape and I do hope that Pat pops up somewhere (preferably Madison b**bs ).

Jim Wolf

71-77 NJ Black Watch

Pat was part of a TEAM that took PR to heights it hadn't been in a while. There are several others that are deserving of far more credit than they are given.

G

POSSIBILITY 3:

After placing 5th in 2006, Cadets announce that Pat Seidling is coming on board with Cadets as "director of development and special projects". No one should construe this as the beginning of a transition period of any sort....

....sigh. Just a reminder:

DCI WORLD CHAMPIONSHIPS

The Cadets - 9 (ALL "Hopkins-led" corps ^0^ )

Phantom Regiment - 0.5

Some just LOVE to hate 'em, but CLEARLY, no "transition period" is needed. :rolleyes: