PR announces administrative change!

To borrow some wise words from above:

Hopkins was part of a TEAM that took the Cadets to heights they hadn't been in a while. There are several others that are deserving of far more credit than they are given.

I have to agree.

there is a lot more to a corps than good directors.

~>conner

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

wickerbill, when I marched Dan was moving more towards the administrative side, so he'd still run ensemble, but rarely got to work with the hornline. One of the highlights of my summer was when Dan came over and took the buicks for a sectional, you could tell he was getting a kick out of it too.

He spent a decent amount of time with the Buicks back when I marched. I still remember tracking out in the heat in Killeen, TX with him though. Good times.

One funny memory I have is one time early in the season when we were rehearsing at Boylan they gave us time off for lunch but we were supposed to go get it ourselves. I didn't have a car and I needed to work on some of my music so I just stayed out there in the parking lot working on it for a while. Pete Bond came by and gave me a few pointers and then I kept practicing. Next thing I know a car pulls up and it's Dan Farrell, Bill Peterson (brass caption head), and a few other horn staff members asking me what I was doing. I told them I was practicing and they told me it would probably be a good idea to join the rest of the corps inside the stadium for visual rehearsal. I thought that lunch was an hour and I missed the part where they changed it to 30 minutes. I went in and went out to my spot and amazingly enough nobody, not even Bob Smith, said anything to me. I talked to Dan later and he told me that it wasn't a big deal since I was practicing, but if I had been screwing around it would have been bad for me. :)

Edited by wickerbill

Regardless of the reasoning behind any and all of PR's personnel moves, I want to congratulate and thank Pat Seidling for all he has done for the organization, DCI in general and for the corps, and to wish him nothing but the best in whatever direction and endeavor his life takes him to in the future. :)

Wow, good luck Pat in whatever road life leads you to next. Thank you for some of the best drum corps shows of the 00's and it was such a pleasure to meet you and talk with you in Orlando.

What a class act. :rolleyes:

I doubt that very much.

From what I've been able to piece together, Pat's actually going to go have a life. I heard he's getting married (there's a mention of it in the booster area of the website); he took some time off this summer, for what I imagine is preparing for his big day. And let's be honest here...managing a corps for a number of years is hard work and perhaps less financial reward than he might like. Who knows. I do know I wrote him a thank you e-mail and it bounced from a full inbox. I just got married last year and I know how immense preparations can be.

I sort of figured the hiring of some significant "extra" managerial firepower as a development director signaled a transition period. You see it in organizations that have good understanding of nonprofit management and the time and effort it takes to bring along new people into the role they will play.

I strongly believe that the move is amicable, on both Pat's part and Regiment's part.

Just some thoughts.

Isnt Pat already married?

Isnt Pat already married?

I think he's getting re-married.

It's sort of something that falls under the category of personal business.. but I like the guy on a personal level and I wish him nothing but the best.

wicker...I can't express to everyone that doesn't know, and I'm sure you know, just how lucky you were. Bob...he was great at what he did, but man, he scared the crap out of us at first. Definately the most brutal teacher I've ever had, but also one of the most seasoned - and once you figured him out, one of the most funny.

wicker...I can't express to everyone that doesn't know, and I'm sure you know, just how lucky you were. Bob...he was great at what he did, but man, he scared the crap out of us at first. Definately the most brutal teacher I've ever had, but also one of the most seasoned - and once you figured him out, one of the most funny.

Yeah, Bob knew his "stuff," as far as cleaning visual goes, but I thought that he could be a little petty and mean spirited sometimes. Even so, during my first year (92) I must have gotten on his good side, because he was pretty complimentary to me for the most part. However, 94 was a different story. He was on my *** all summer long, usually over really petty stuff. You could never tell which way the wind was going to blow.

And, yes, Dan is The Man. By 94, he was mostly involved in running ensemble. In 92, however, he was still more hands on, as the brass caption head. Which meant the baritone section had more Dan time-- tracking, of course! We always sounded better after he worked with us. As a rookie, he intimidated the crap out of me (the vets started singing the Imperial March as he walked in to the rehearsal room in November.) He was also funny and an all around cool guy.

[bTW, get Nikk to tell you the song they (he?) made about Bob in 91, set to the last part of Bacchanale... :P ]

I see I am part of a long tradition of euph players who ran their share of laps for Farrell. He had these flip-up sunglasses when I was there. If you made a mistake, all he had to do is look at you and flip those sunglasses up. That was the signal to put your horn down and take a scenic tour of the football field.