Question about George Zingali

On 6/23/2017 at 8:47 AM, Chris Halkides said:

Was George a religious man?  I am curious because of all of the Christian imagery in the 1991 Star of Indiana show.  I can't think of anything to say about the closing moments of that show--I am too much in awe.

I believe this was answered last evening...

Also, here is one of the McCormicks 'How To' videos from the 1970's -features Geo. Zingalli as well as fellow DCI HoF member Peggy Twiggs

• Thanks 1

• 2 years later...

So I have an amazing Zingali story.  I was in the Ft Lauderdale HS band, our band was pretty top notch.  At band camp the summer of 87 we find out we have a new drill choreographer....yes George Zingali himself.  Apparently he owed a favor to our color guard instructor and he got him to come down and write our show.  He spent the week with us and even incorporated the "Z Pull" into our program.  That year we won pretty much every completion we entered.  George loved our school so much, he came the next year and did our show again.  It was an honor to have his caliber doing a high school band.  He became such a big part of our marching band and family that he even came to a graduation party my parents threw for me. It was an honor 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 3