letter from board of directors from scouts site

August 29, 2006 - After a national search for an executive director, the Madison Scouts Board of Directors has narrowed its list of candidates and has begun interviewing its top choices. Criteria essential to the position include but are not limited to: an intimate awareness of the corps and its history, an understanding of the corps’ philosophy, leadership experience, a business background, and an eagerness to maintain and further develop the performance and organizational excellence of the Madison Scouts.

Although the Board recognizes the importance of selecting a leader and establishing an administrative team for 2007 and beyond, it also recognizes the greater importance of making the best possible decision for the long-term interests of the Madison Scouts. The board is working through its established process and will make further announcements as decisions are made.

Your patience during this period is greatly appreciated!

Thank you

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's as much information as anyone should need at this point. They're taking the time to find someone who can embrace the direction they want to go and build the corps back up, and it's more important to get it done right than to get it done quickly.

This letter answers our question on whether or not Madison Scouts are going to return 2007. According to the Board, they are shooting for 2007 and beyond.

Terrance

If they're doing a nationwide search, how come we haven't seen an announcement about the opening? Where are they advertising, or are they just looking at certain people? It seems like they could be limiting their choices.

If they're doing a nationwide search, how come we haven't seen an announcement about the opening? Where are they advertising, or are they just looking at certain people? It seems like they could be limiting their choices.

I would imagine that any qualified candidate follows the activity closely and is fully aware that there is an opening in Madison.

Yeah, I was positive that Monster.com would have had the job posting by now...

Gee, I guess I must have missed it.

Dang it...and, here I want the job of being scrutinized by an entire on-line community, only to be eventually terminated...

Pity...

<sarcasm off>